Manager of Annual Giving
High Point UniversityHigh Point, NC
The Office of Institutional Advancement at High Point University is currently seeking a full-time Manager of Annual Giving. This position works closely with the Senior Director of Family Engagement and Annual Giving to execute fundraising strategies for University fundraising priorities and coordinate the associated outreach efforts. Responsibilities include carrying out implementation for the broad based giving program (including e-solicitation, video content and text-to-give), managing daily operations, and management of student calling program staff.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2-5 years of experience with annual fund/annual giving operations.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to craft solicitation messaging in a university setting.
- High-level of attention to detail in writing, editing and managing brand consistency.
- Experience in program and staff management.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of database research and maintenance.
- Experience with donor database management software, preferably The Raisers Edge, Thankview, Mongoose and Blackbaud NetCommunity.
- Discretion and ability to interact with high-level donors.
- Strong design and layout skills with proficiencies in Adobe Creative and Canva.
- Ability to work with students, as well as volunteers of all ages.
- Develops strategies and content for annual giving and participation campaigns, including mail, phone, email, text and social media solicitations.
- Maintains the annual giving calendar in coordination with Senior Director of Family Engagement and Annual Giving and other University stakeholders including managing monthly and weekly planning sessions.
- Coordinates the school’s direct mail and email fundraising programs, supervising all components of each activity (including design, composition and segmentation), working with the Coordinator of Annual Giving and Coordinator of Electronic Communications to integrate student calling program and direct mail campaigns, and overseeing data management, list pulls and data manipulation and clean up.
- Maintains vendor relations, manage business processes and oversee external production of annual giving print materials.
- Manage the content creation, revision process, scheduling timelines and production of annual publications including the Leave Your Mark and Alumni Brick Program, League of Loyal Alumni membership mailing, LYBUNT/SYBUNT renewals, President’s Leadership Cabinet introductory invitation, et al.
- Supervises the coordination of the annual student calling program effort, including but not limited to, the identification and acquisition of strategic calling pools in coordination with Advancement Services, overseeing data clean up, approving solicitation and event registration scripts, reviewing weekly result reports from the Coordinator of Annual Giving, following-up on donor questions/issues raised during the calling process, and ensuring the timely processing of pledge reminders for gift fulfillment.
- Manages the successful execution of two annual giving days (#GivingTuesday and #DayforHPU) through strategic oversight of goal setting, planning and implementation processes.
- Works with the Coordinator of Electronic Communications to update annual giving website pages and social media presence.
- Participates in planning meetings, accept special assignments, assist colleagues and provide support for all ongoing programs and operations as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Meets goals and objectives set forth for the University’s annual giving program in coordinate with the Senior Director of Family Engagement and Annual Giving.
- Reports on the efficacy of annual giving programming on weekly, monthly and semi-annual schedule.
- Supervises Coordinator of Annual Giving and student calling program staff, as assigned.
- Reports to the Senior Director of Family Engagement and Annual Giving.
To apply for this job please visit highpoint.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.