Assistant Director of Reunion Programs
Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBloomington, IL
The University’s Office for Advancement invites applications for the full-time, on-campus position of Assistant Director of Reunion Programs. This position is responsible for developing and implementing programs specific to increasing alumni giving and engagement/participation, with a focus on Class Reunions. The Assistant Director will manage and grow the program with effective leadership of setting class gift goals, volunteer management, communications and event planning. This position will also focus on building and establishing a culture of philanthropy to IWU with Young Alumni and students in the Senior Class to increase their affinity to participate and give through reunion programming.
- Implement and grow a comprehensive Class Reunion program with participation and giving goals; work collaboratively with internal and external partners to analyze giving trends and data to establish giving and participation goals; develop and implement a communications and outreach plan in support of Reunion Program goals; recruit and train volunteers for class and co-chair roles, oversee and manage volunteer committees to plan events and establish giving outreach plans; plan and execute reunion programs / events in coordination with appropriate staff members and volunteers.
- Establish, implement and grow Young Alumni giving programs to increase participation; create unique and innovative ways for Young Alumni to establish giving patterns; set goals and track progress to achieve higher participation in the young alumni demographic; create ways to engage Young Alumni to develop their affinity for reunion programming and overall engagement.
- Establish, implement and grow Student and Class giving on IWU campus to enhance a culture of philanthropy; create unique and innovative ways for current students to begin giving and be encouraged to continue; establish and implement a transition program to move graduating seniors to Young Alumni donors.
- Manage a portfolio of assigned prospects with the intention of increasing giving over time; create relationships with assigned prospects that fosters a stronger connection; monitor, manage and care for relationships, data and stewardship of prospects in partnership with other Advancement departments.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education, experience and accomplishment
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising or development.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) preferred
- Excellent communication skills–oral, written, and listening.
- Strong people and relationship-building skills with constituents from a variety of backgrounds and a range of generations.
- Travel as necessary to support events, programs and activities
- Valid US driver’s license
Feel free to also include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. In addition to the aforementioned materials, applicants should provide a one-page statement describing their understanding of inclusion and how their experiences have prepared them to contribute to the IWU commitment of building a diverse and inclusive environment. Review of complete applicant materials will begin immediately and the position is open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.iwu.edu.