Director of Alumni Engagement
Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBloomington, IL
The University’s Office for Advancement/Alumni Engagement invites applications for the full-time, on-campus position of Director of Alumni Engagement. This position leads the strategic execution of a comprehensive alumni engagement program that builds lifelong engagement opportunities for alumni to learn, lead, serve and give back to the University.
Strategic Alumni Engagement Program Management:
- Design, execute and grow an integrated alumni strategic plan with metrics and benchmarks to gauge success, consistent with industry standards
- Lead volunteer management programs for alumni volunteers including the Alumni Association Board of Directors, committees and/or Affinity Groups
- Plan, manage and attend events including Homecoming, Regional Committee events, and other alumni and volunteer engagement programs
Alumni and Volunteer Cultivation, Solicitation and Stewardship:
- Sustain and grow attendance at and engagement through campus, regional and national events and affinity groups.
- Build relationships with alumni regionally and nationally to increase closeness ratings.
- Manage a portfolio of key alumni donors and prospects.
- Partner with the Director of Annual Giving to promote alumni engagement and philanthropy.
Alumni Engagement Operations:
- Manage Alumni Engagement budget.
- Direct Alumni Engagement operations including but not limited to event coordination and data management.
- Supervise and lead Alumni Engagement staff.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in advancement and engagement
- Excellent communication skills–oral, written, and listening.
- Strong people and relationship-building skills with constituents from a variety of backgrounds and a range of generations.
- Local and national travel up to 20% of the work schedule; average of 3-5 overnight trips a year
- Valid US driver’s license.
Feel free to also include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. In addition to the aforementioned materials, applicants should provide a one-page statement describing their understanding of inclusion and how their experiences have prepared them to contribute to the IWU commitment of building a diverse and inclusive environment.
Review of complete applicant materials will begin immediately and the position is open until filled. The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University is strongly committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building our community in these dimensions.
To apply for this job please visit www.iwu.edu.