Director of Stewardship
Illinois Wesleyan UniversityBloomington, IL
The University’s Office for Advancement invites applications for the full-time, on-campus position of Director of Stewardship. This position is chargeable for refining and strengthening relationships with donors through planned and strategic stewardship activities. This person will collaborate and coordinate with University partners to facilitate demonstration of donor impact at high levels.
- Carries a portfolio of identified prospects and donors who have been identified for targeted and personalized stewardship activities.
- Regularly interact with targeted groups of constituents to remain engaged
- Collaborates with Major Gift Officers, the Provost’s Office and other Academic Departments to create and employ personalized strategies for individual prospects.
- Plan and execute a variety of engagement opportunities for donors and prospects.
- In partnership with Major Gift Officers, Alumni Engagement, Career Center and/or other campus partners, provide a unique and quality experience for on-campus volunteers.
- Plan, implement and continuously improve donor recognition strategies, programs and events.
- Creates a standardized process for media and publicly announced gifts to the University.
- Assists with planning and coordinating the annual Benefactor Dinner.
- In partnership with other Stewardship Officers, reports on donor impact and metrics / measurement of Stewardship activities.
- Monitors and manages donor impact on University activities and constituents.
- Compiles high quality Donor Impact reports.
- Partnering with Advancement Operations establishes metrics for success and documents activities to monitor progress.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible philanthropy/stewardship experience, preferably in higher education
- Excellent communication skills–oral, written, and listening.
- Strong people and relationship-building skills with constituents from a variety of backgrounds and a range of generations.
Please download the application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Feel free to also include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. In addition to the aforementioned materials, applicants should provide a one-page statement describing their understanding of inclusion and how their experiences have prepared them to contribute to the IWU commitment of building a diverse and inclusive environment.
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation. Per the Governor’s August 26, 2021 Executive Order regarding COVID-19 vaccination, personnel in the higher education setting will need to either provide proof of vaccination, or apply for a medical/disability or religious exemption. All those not fully vaccinated will be required to participate in weekly COVID testing on our campus.
Illinois Wesleyan University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Illinois Wesleyan University is strongly committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse, inclusive, and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to supporting and further building our community in these dimensions.
To apply for this job please visit www.iwu.edu.