Indiana State UniversityTerre Haute, IN
Required Relevant Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (4 years); Experience: 3-5 years of work experience in non-profit fundraising or a sales related field.
Indiana State University is seeking a high energy, results-oriented professional with a proven track record of success in relationship building, donor cultivation and fundraising. The Development Director will contribute to a comprehensive fundraising program by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gift donors and prospects, including individuals and corporations, and is currently assigned to work with the College of Health and Human Services. The Development Director works with donors, prospects, academic partners and the campus community, and is expected to travel and meet with prospects and donors at least 60% of the time. It will be critical for this individual to develop and execute cultivation strategies that meet the needs and goals of University priorities through major gift solicitations, while working with the Provost, Deans, Faculty, and Program Coordinators to translate academic priorities into fundraising opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects, including individuals and corporations. Identify all gift suspects through the help of Advancement Services and meet with them personally in order to qualify them as major gift prospects.
- Develop and execute cultivation strategies for major gift prospects that meet the needs and goals of University priorities through major gift solicitations. Work with the Provost, Deans, Faculty, and Program Coordinators to translate academic priorities into fundraising opportunities.
- Provide exceptional stewardship to Indiana State University donors. Serve as a project manager for special fundraising projects as needed. Assist with special events by encouraging attendance, hosting guests and representing the Office of Advancement.
- Collaborate with the Development and Advancement Team to create successful fundraising strategies. Identify and utilize fundraising resources including volunteers, faculty, staff, publications, and electronic communication tools to identify and cultivate major gift prospects. Update donor and prospect records by entering accurate and timely contact reports into our database.
- Participate in Foundation and University committees and special teams
To apply for this job please visit jobs.indstate.edu.