Assistant Director – Annual & Special Gifts, Phone Strategies
Iowa State University FoundationAmes, IA
As an Assistant Director of Phone Strategies on the Annual & Special Gifts (ASG) team, you will manage a team of student fundraisers, implementing strategic best practices to engage and solicit current and prospective donors through our phone center.
- Lead the overall management of the ISU Foundation’s Phone Center, a 24-station automated telemarketing system.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and manage performance of student fundraisers to build relationships, maintain records, and raise funds to support Iowa State University. Manage HR-related employment documents and submitting data for bi-weekly payroll. Typically employ 60 students to fill all calling shifts.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director of Annual & Special Gifts and the entire ASG team to develop and carry out the goals and objectives of the Phone Center.
- Expected to work the active calling shifts of the program to ensure callers are diligent about donor data and financial record confidentiality. Non-traditional work hours of 2 – 10pm Monday to Thursday, 8am – 5pm Friday, and weekend hours may be required.
- Partner with peers in the achievement of goals of the ASG team with possible additional opportunity to take on new responsibilities and projects.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director of Annual and Special Gifts, assist in the development and implementation of strategic and day-to-day operations of the Phone Center.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Prefer minimum of one-year professional experience in fundraising, managing students, or with automated telemarketing systems.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Communication skills, both written and verbal, and attention to detail is essential.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong leadership skills, with a focus on ensuring the accountability of student callers and student managers.
- Must be able to develop timelines and manage workload independently.
- Ability to work in a team setting and navigate working with a variety of personalities.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, project management skills.
- Comfortability with basic data analysis.
- Creativity, patience, a sense of humor, and a belief in our organizational mission of: Aligning donor passion and generosity to advance Iowa State University’s land grant ideals.
We Can Help You Advance Your Career…
You’ve put in a lot of work to get where you are today, and now you’re ready to utilize your unique skills, talents, and personality to achieve even more. Make the next step count!
To APPLY please include the following items:
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- Three professional references’ names and contact information
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.