Iowa Wesleyan University is seeking an Assistant Director for Alumni Engagement.
The Assistant Director for Alumni Engagement provides leadership for an alumni relations program that complements and supports the mission of the University; is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni; provide tangible benefits to alumni and current students; serves as a representative of the Alumni Association; assists the association’s board of directors in strengthening the university’s ties with its alumni, and is a key member in the university advancement efforts.
As the Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement you will serve as an ambassador, and is charged with securing commitments from alumni to provide professional expertise and volunteer service; collaborating with colleagues to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation that advance the goals of the University; partnering with the Advancement team to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward alumni giving; and serves as a representative of the Alumni Association.
- Experience in higher education and/or advancement with demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships
- Ability to engage and motivate prospects and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or a similar constituent database
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the university, alumni, and other constituents.
- Excellent writing, planning, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage employees for maximum performance.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate alumni and volunteer leadership.
- Ability to maintain high professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and multitask with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- 3 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates must upload their letter of interest, resume/CV, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references below.
No phone calls please, candidates will be contacted if the search committee is in need of further information. Iowa Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer.