Chief Advancement Officer
Kent SchoolKent, CT
The Chief Advancement Officer will help lead, develop, implement and fulfill Kent School’s strategic initiatives, while maintaining comprehensive management of the Alumni and Development Office and larger philanthropic goals. Reporting to the Head of School and working collaboratively as a member of the Administrative Team, the Chief Advancement Officer embraces inclusive philanthropy, is strategically oriented, experienced in campaigns, an excellent fundraiser, and an active partner in interactions and communications with faculty, staff, Trustees, parents, alumni, grandparents, parents of alumni and all members of the Kent School community. This opportunity is available immediately and will be filled following a national search.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities focus on leadership, community-building within the alumni body and fundraising.
- Collaborate with the Head of School to ensure the School’s advancement plans forward the broader goals outlined in The Strategic Plan and that progress towards the achievement of those goals is ongoing and measurable
- Lead, mentor and inspire the Alumni and Development team
- Continue to build a high performing Alumni and Development team be recruiting, yielding, and retaining development professionals
- Work closely with Board of Trustees on recruitment and stewardship
- Participate as an active member of the School’s Administrative Team
- Serve as administrative liaison to the Board’s Development Committee and the Committee on Trustees.
- Oversee all aspects and serve as a frontline fundraiser for all capital and annual giving efforts
- Together with the Head of School manage the School’s top major gift prospects
- Recruit and empower volunteers for all fundraising and engagement efforts
- Ensure compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives
- Lead all programming with alumni, parents, and friends to ensure all community members are connected to the School
- Partner with the Director of Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity on educational and community engagement events
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders of the School, internally and externally, including students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, and friends
- Work closely with the Kent School Parents Committee
- Work closely with the Kent School Alumni Council and its sub-committees
- Oversee alumni outreach, programs, and fundraising efforts to ensure that relationships with alumni are established, maintained and enhanced
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of advancement leadership experience at an independent school or college/university
- Bachelor’s degree required and advanced degree preferred
- Eagerness to engage with and develop relationships with all community constituents, including students, faculty, staff, parents, alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, and friends
- Experience in planning, executing, leading campaigns, and raising significant funds
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, meet deadlines and demonstrate strategic thinking and good decision-making, as well as a collaborative spirit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills Discretion and a sense of humor
- Successful completion of post-offer, pre-employment criminal background checks, and drug test.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work is performed on a smoke-free campus.
The essential functions and basic skills have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exclusive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Kent School is committed to making equal employment opportunities available to all qualified persons. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all personnel without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, ancestry, citizen status, veteran status, physical or mental handicaps, sexual orientation, or any other factors protected by law. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.kent-school.edu.