Director of Alumni Giving
Kent SchoolKent, CT
Reports to: Senior Associate Director of Development
- Full-time calendar year position.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed, including evening/weekend hours.
- Travel for engagement and recognition events required.
The Director of Alumni Giving will be tasked with the operations and day-to-day management of a complex Alumni giving program, ensuring alignment with the School’s institutional priorities. The Director of Alumni Giving will work closely with the Senior Associate Director of Development, the Director of Parent Giving, the Director of Donor Relations, the Director of AdvancementServices & Operations, and other internal and external stakeholders to strengthen and grow both dollars and donors year-over-year to the Kent Annual Fund and other institutional priorities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with the creation of Alumni & Development’s(A&D’s) strategic plan, especially as it relates to alumni giving and align fundraising efforts with institutional priorities.
- Develop and manage an 18-month operational plan to address the immediate and long-term goals of Alumni and Development, working in alignment with all areas of Alumni and Development, especially with alumni engagement and donor relations.
- Create and manage robust, data-driven solicitation strategy to grow the number of annual fund supporters and dollars each year by acquiring, retaining, and upgrading donors.
- Track and measure results to lead conversations with the A&D team, drive future strategies, and provide a historical context.
- Enhance donor recognition programs including leadership and annual giving societies ensuring that those programs serve as both retention and acquisition programs.
- Working with the Director of Alumni Engagement, re-energize the Class Agent Program, define clear goals and objectives (with a focus on giving), and oversee select Reunion Class Volunteers (including their Reunion giving), and the Volunteer Management System (VMS).
- Strengthen the Reunion Giving Program aligned with the School’s fundraising priorities.
- Support the Alumni & Development team in all initiatives.
- Travel for donor visits and Alumni & Development events.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Associate Director of Development
- A bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of team leadership experience in the development/advancement field, with a preference for a background at an independent boarding school or higher education.
- Experience with NXT, BBNC, and GiveCampus preferred.
- A proven track record of successful collaboration with teammates, volunteers, donors, and school leadership, including head of school/president and the Alumni Council.
- Experience driving institutional change through an organization’s history through a communicative, collaborative, and inclusive approach.
- Be fluent with, and committed to, the mission of the School.
- Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the full range of experience within a development team.
- Possess a high degree of professional discretion, integrity, good judgment, and high standards of professional conduct.
- Collaborate actively by soliciting and suggesting new ideas and improving upon the ideas of others.
- Superior organizational and planning skills that enable the department and School to meet both short and long-term goals.
- Successful completion of post-offer, pre-employment criminal background checks, and drug tests.
- Work is performed on a smoke-free campus.
The essential functions and basic skills have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exclusive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Kent School is committed to making equal employment opportunities available to all qualified persons. In accordance with federal, state, and local laws, we recruit, hire, promote and evaluate all personnel without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, ancestry, citizen status, veteran status, physical or mental handicaps, sexual orientation, or any other factors protected by law. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.kent-school.edu.