Assistant Director, Chapter and Volunteer Engagement
Kent State UniversityKent, OH
Examples of Duties:Duties/essential functions may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Manage alumni volunteer activities with the goal of expanding and enhancing alumni volunteer engagement.
- Manage programs to engage volunteers including assigned alumni chapters and volunteer opportunities.
- Implement a comprehensive volunteer recruitment, training, management and recognition strategy.
- Participate in chapter and volunteer meetings, conduct volunteer training and assist with volunteer recruitment.
- Represent the university, Foundation and division at volunteer planned functions and events.
- Track volunteer involvement and participation in the alumni database; provide annual updates on volunteer activities.
- Support implementation of chapter and volunteer events through recruitment of speakers, advertising in conjunction with Communications and Outreach team, tracking of attendance and thanking participants.
- Coordinate event logistics as needed including booking event space, arranging food and beverage, ordering supplies and audiovisual equipment.
- Contribute written materials regarding planned events to be published through electronic newsletters, direct email, print brochures, invitations and magazines.
- Provide continual updates to ensure web events calendar and news items are current.
- Manage programs to recognize significant alumni professional and life accomplishments.
- Execute alumni and volunteer related recognition and award programs.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, education or a related field and a minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in volunteer management, donor relations, stewardship or related experience. Must be able to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
A combination of education, training, and experience equivalent to six years of progressively responsible experience in volunteer management, donor relations, stewardship or related experience. Must be able to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- Event planning *
- Volunteer relationship management *
- Basic marketing and communications principles and practices *
- Budget management and development *
- Alumni relations *
- Written, verbal and interpersonal communication *
- Utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable software *
- Organizing information and project management *
- Adhering to deadlines *
- Work independently and as part of a team *
- Provide leadership and direction *
- Multi-task while managing multiple projects and assignments *
- Travel and to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends *
- Think strategically *
- Work with a diverse university population and external constituents *
Assessments:Asterisk (*) indicates knowledge, skills, abilities which require assessments
Working Schedule: Non-traditional hours to include evenings/weekends as needed.
Additional Information:Must pass a security check.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Kent State University is committed to the creation and nurturing of a diverse community of individuals through inclusive excellence. Diversity involves recognizing the value of differences and the inclusion of all members of the community including those that experience discrimination or under representation. This is a core value of the organization as we strive for a culturally diverse student body, faculty and staff that reflect the multicultural nature of Ohio, the nation, and our world.
Kent State University is a Smoke-Free, Tobacco-Free University effective July 1, 2017. Smoking and tobacco use are not permitted on any of Kent State’s campuses or other locations and properties that are owned, operated, or leased by Kent State, both domestic and international. For additional details, visit www.kent.edu/smoke-free.
To apply for this job please visit www.higheredjobs.com.