Director of Annual Giving
Kutztown University FoundationKutztown, PA
Join a dynamic team poised to launch a comprehensive campaign at the Kutztown University Foundation! We seek energetic and committed individuals to join our development team and achieve fundraising success aimed at supporting students earning their education at Kutztown University. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, as well as the opportunity to make transformational change for tomorrow’s leaders through a career rooted in philanthropy. Learn more about the organization and team at, www.KUF.org
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Director of Annual Giving is responsible for planning and implementing a comprehensive multi-faceted annual giving program that includes personal solicitation of prospects, donors, direct mail, phonathons and online solicitation strategies. The director is responsible for building a program that generates unrestricted and budget-relieving revenue for the university by setting strategically aligned revenue and participation goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Senior Director of Development to develop annual goals and objectives. Analyze existing annual giving programs and goals; use results to determine new strategies and to determine appropriate modifications. Also, use results to develop a set of acceptable evaluation mechanisms and benchmarks to establish how future success will be measured.
- Supervises the Assistant Director of Annual Giving in implementing the Phonathon program and Student Philanthropy Initiatives.
- Develops and manages solicitation strategies for all donor constituencies including alumni/ae, friends, parents, faculty and staff. Working collaboratively with other key college departments and faculty/staff on special projects including athletic fundraising, the class gift campaign, reunion giving and the annual faculty/staff and parents campaigns.
- Manages a prospect portfolio of KU Annual Fund prospects, including the identification, cultivation and solicitation of donors targeted to give $250 or more. Personally manages 35-50 prospects and solicits leadership level gifts ($1000 +).
- Writes and/or directs the development of printed materials used to promote and solicit Keystone Fund contributions, including solicitation letters, brochures, email correspondence and response devices.
- Leads the foundation’s crowdfunding initiatives through the GiveCampus platform, to exceed 12 campaigns each fiscal year.
- Manage direct mail and personalized mail solicitations and communications strategies. Supervises the design and production of solicitations and supporting materials.
- Creates and manages strategies to acquire new donors, renew LYBUNTS and recapture SYBUNTS.
- Develops and manages social media plan to receive gifts through credit cards and automatic bank drafts.
- Ensures the timely and consistent production of weekly and year-to-date reports. Evaluate and analyzes progress toward Keystone Fund goals with regular and timely reporting.
- Works with the Database Manager to maintain and update donor records.
- Prepares and manages the KU Annual Fund budget.
- Maintain current knowledge of philanthropic and annual giving trends.
All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and/or the Senior Director of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of relevant advancement experience. Campaign experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals in a challenging environment.
- Thorough knowledge of standard desktop software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability to learn to use Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT.
In addition, candidates should have:
- Ability to relate comfortably to alumni, parents and volunteers, as well as to faculty/staff members, administrators, students and other staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and manage several projects simultaneously.
- An understanding of Kutztown University and the Kutztown University Foundation missions.
- Occasional night and weekend work required.
Position will remain open until filled; however preference will be given to applications received by Friday, July 5th.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Kutztown University Foundation
PO Box 151
Kutztown, PA 19530
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
- Next s