Assistant Director, Young Alumni and Student Engagement
La Salle UniversityPhiladelphia, PA
The Assistant Director of Young Alumni and Student Engagement for Annual Giving is responsible for administering the young alumni giving program, student philanthropy program, University Ambassador program, and segmented Phonathon campaigns at La Salle University. The Assistant Director will work closely with the Advancement team to facilitate volunteer opportunities and programs designed to build connections between students and alumni that will strengthen lifelong engagement and encourage a mutually beneficial and shared investment in the university. This position will work internally with students and all members of University Advancement, and externally with alumni and donors.
- Manages a pool of young alumni prospects to encourage giving to Young Alumni Giving Circle and Leadership Giving levels including personal solicitation visits,
- Develop and execute a comprehensive and inclusive student and young alumni engagement plan for graduates of the last 10 years to include in-person and virtual events, programs, volunteerism and initiatives aimed at connecting our most recent graduates with the university, building on successful student engagement.
- Support the Current Steps, Future Path, 50-year alumni engagement plan by collaborating with the alumni, operations, major gifts and special events teams.
- Work closely with the Alumni Engagement team to facilitate volunteer opportunities and programs designed to build connections between students and alumni that will strengthen lifelong engagement and encourage a mutually beneficial and shared investment in the college.
- Coordinates direct mail and solicitation efforts for the Senior Class Gift Program
- Organizes a Student Philanthropy group educating undergraduates on the importance of philanthropy and giving back to the University, especially for the Day of the Giving campaign
- Execute inclusive alumni communications and marketing plans including email, website, text messaging, and social media.
- Assists the Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving team with key projects, including the solicitation of alumni and parents, writing and coordinating direct mail campaigns, flash email campaigns, social media marketing efforts, matching gifts and parents’ programs, and the faculty and staff campaign.
- Implements, manages, and monitors the Student Phonathon program and ensures the program meets its annual giving goals.
- Oversees hiring, training, and managing of Student Phonathon callers as needed.
- Advises the University Advancement Ambassador Program with leadership from the Senior Director of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving.
- Implements all call reports and contact reports for prospects into Salesforce along with pledges.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of fundraising experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with internal campus partners and external with donors and affinity group members.
- Capable of managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines.
- Understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other customer relations management databases.
To apply for this job please visit lasalle.peopleadmin.com.