Director of Prospect Development & Strategy
Linfield UniversityMcMinnville, OR
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements and manages a comprehensive program of proactive, quality prospect research (biographic, financial, and philanthropic) to support cultivation and solicitation activity by Advancement staff, campus partners (such as Deans, Athletic Director, etc.) and campaign volunteers, as appropriate.
- Identifies and manages donors and prospects through the cultivation and solicitation pipeline in support of key Advancement and campaign priorities.
- Facilitates the day-to-day functionality of the prospect management and tracking system developed to allow the University to move a large volume of prospects through the development stages in a systematic and thoughtful manner in order to maximize fundraising success.
- Develops and continues refining major gifts prospect lists in support of key campaign priorities including the creation and management of gift pyramids for each major project and for the overall campaign.
- Prioritizes and manages research requests according to institutional and division level priorities.
- Works creatively and closely with the Vice President and Senior Directors to motivate front-line fundraisers to focus on qualification assignments and solicitation proposals to move prospects through the pipeline and to keep appropriate focus on proportional individual stewardship.
- Develops supportive and productive relationships and serves as the liaison between the front-line fundraisers and Advancement Services to coordinate the prospect management and tracking system.
- Refines and maintains a process for allocation of new prospects.
- Maintains prospect research fields of data in the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Maintain policies and standard operating procedures for the prospect development and strategy program
- Facilitates prospect management meetings. Provides a quarterly portfolio review and assessment for front-line fundraisers.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with local prospect development professionals, as well as national and local associations.
- Reviews local and national news and business publications, keeping abreast of prospect information and local and regional business and economic trends.
- Keeps current with trends in philanthropy, charitable giving and the central issues of fundraising at Linfield University.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including following all University policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years in prospect development or equivalent field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience demonstrating:
- Basic understanding of the donor development process, including the methods utilized to discover and align passions of donors with needs of the university to result in impactful giving.
- Proficiency in using relational databases, demonstrated through effective entry, enhancement, retrieval, and analysis of information in a complex database.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Access, wealth screening tools such as Research Point or Wealth Engine, and other appropriate electronic resources.
- Ability to come alongside other professionals to encourage continued effort and movement of donor prospects through a systematic process.
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge (preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely.
- Familiarity with confidentiality laws and ethics, and an ability to appropriately use and manage sensitive and confidential data.
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to work well under deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven success at establishing and achieving quantified goals.
- Ability and desire to work independently and as part of a team.
- Previous experience working in higher education (preferred).
We Value Diversity: Linfield University is actively engaged in promoting, advancing, and confirming our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a diverse and vibrant Linfield contributes to academic excellence and critical thinking. We welcome applicants who bring a diversity of identity, culture, experience, perspective, and thought. All candidates are encouraged to address how their professional and lived experience, scholarship, teaching, mentorship, and/or service will build on our diversity and inclusion efforts.
To apply for this job please visit linfielduniversityjobs.applicantpool.com.