Annual Giving Officer
Lycoming CollegeWilliamsport, PA
Lycoming College is seeking applications for the position of Annual Giving Officer. This position is a key partner on the Annual Giving Team and the College Advancement Division. The annual giving team’s primary responsibility is to oversee the Lycoming Fund and to raise annual gifts in support of the College’s educational mission. The annual fund officer builds and maintains relationships across constituencies to increase engagement and donor participation. The position manages a portfolio of prospects, comprised of alumni, parents, and friends, capable of making annual gifts to the College. As an extension of portfolio management, the annual fund officer will play an integral role in conducting discovery and cultivation work with new donors. The position also helps to identify prospects for major and planned gifts. As a secondary responsibility, the annual fund officer is responsible for staffing, and overseeing the Warriorthon (student calling program) that runs for four weeks each year. Successful candidates will have superb interpersonal and communication skills; candidates will also present in a professional and personable manner when interacting with a diverse array of constituents and stakeholders.
Qualifications & Requirements: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree. Candidates must have experience as a professional fundraiser or 3-5 years of experience in a related profession preferred. Candidates must all possess the following skill sets:
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong listening skills, and ability to discern donor interests and concerns
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, time management, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to forge strong working relationships with others and a capacity for engaging confidence and trust among prospects and donors
- Energetic and outgoing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, web applications and social media platforms
- Knowledge of annual giving programs in the area of higher education
- Ability to take direction, work collaboratively, and make decisions consistent with the functions of the position
- Exercises self-control and perseverance when dealing with constituents, co-workers, students, and others
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment
- Demonstrates professionalism and contributes to fostering a positive work/learning environment
- Exhibits consistency, resourcefulness and resilience
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, the mission of a liberal arts college
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Ability and willingness to work frequent evening and weekend hours
- A valid PA driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the College’s insurer is required
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three professional references. All applications must be submitted through the employment opportunities page
A pre-employment drug screening, criminal history background check and motor vehicle record check will be conducted post-offer.
Lycoming College proudly celebrates and values diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit lycomingcollege.applytojob.com.