Director of Development
Maria CollegeAlbany, NY
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Advancement, the Director of Development will effectively implement strategies and processes for best practice in fundraising and stewardship of donors at all levels. The director will assist in overseeing the college’s fundraising programs and will assist with planning and implementing strategic initiatives aligned with the mission and values of the College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved in coordinating all aspects of the College’s donor solicitation program including annual fund, major gifts, and gift planning.
- Collaborate with campus partners, providing processes and best practices for development efforts within schools and departments.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts for the school in accord with fundraising priorities established by the Senior Vice President and Associate Vice President.
- Ensure acknowledgment process of donors and gifts are adhered to.
- Develop strategies for scholarships, endowment, gift planning, mission, and academic fundraising initiatives.
- Develop strategies geared to marketing for gift planning and endowment fundraising.
- Manage all aspects of the College’s donor management software, Raiser’s Edge, including gift entry, reporting, and updating of cash log.
- Serve as primary liaison with finance department pertaining to gift planning and the financial aid office for scholarship stewardship.
- Produce high-level reports, on a regular basis, which detail efforts and outcomes from the Office of Advancement.
- Coordinate alumni engagement efforts and initiatives to ensure scholarships are awarded appropriately and in compliance with scholarship criteria.
- Contribute to event management and coordination aimed at engaging alumni, friends of the College, and the wider community.
- Work collaboratively with College staff, faculty, and leadership to effectively cultivate and steward donor relationships aligned with the mission and values of the College.
- Represent the College at donor, community, and alumni events as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Windows operating environment using MS Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), e-mail and internet programs.
- Expertise working with donor management software (Raiser’s Edge experience required).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years of successful experience in development or higher education required.
- Campaign experience, preferably in higher education, preferred. Knowledge of planned giving and annual fund preferred.
To apply for this job please visit mariacollege.edu.