Advancement Officer, Digitial & Student Giving
Marquette UniversityMilwaukee, WI
To develop and manage a comprehensive program educating students on the significance of philanthropy and creating digital fundraising opportunities to increase donor participation and retention, especially among students and young alumni.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop communication and programming strategy to create a culture of philanthropy on campus to increase donor participation through the student giving program and improve donor retention post-graduation.
- Recruit and manage current students in the Student Philanthropy Leadership Council whose responsibilities will include philanthropic educational programming for current students as well as all student fundraising efforts.
- Serve as advisor to the Student Philanthropy Leadership Council and senior class gift committee members and train them to serve as liaisons between University Advancement and their peers.
- Instrumental partner in creation and execution of programming, communication, outreach and digital design for Give Marquette Day, the university’s annual day of giving.
- Develop fundraising goals and strategies, in collaboration with the annual giving team that will increase student/alumni participation and will increase leadership gifts.
- Partner with annual giving team on integrated cross-channel fundraising strategies directed at targeted segments of students and young alumni.
- Create specific fundraising goals and strategies for recent graduates who participated in the senior class gift campaign, utilizing peer-to-peer strategies and personal outreach to enhance donor retention.
- Plan and execute a 1st year reunion the year following graduation, including management of a committee of volunteers, creation of a comprehensive fundraising plan and execution of reunion programming.
- Collaborate with Director of Advancement Digital Strategy to implement and test new initiatives and innovative and emerging concepts for fundraising.
- Create and maintain web pages, social media accounts and crowdfunding campaigns, including compiling analytics and reporting.
- Continually monitor trends in student, young alumni and digital fundraising
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to conduct appropriate cultivation and stewardship activities for student and young alumni donors.
- Manage annual fundraising, stewardship and volunteer events and initiatives for students and young alumni.
- Engage in ongoing data analysis to determine segmentation strategies as well as prioritize tactics and new initiatives.
- Manage student intern(s)
- Participate in departmental and professional training programs to increase expertise in the profession when appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned to help support the department and University Advancement’s goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Three years of previous experience in a non-profit environment, specifically fundraising experience and working with fundraising volunteers.
- Ability to create and edit email copy from a promotional lens.
- Proven ability to motivate large diverse groups and strong written, oral and volunteer management skills are also needed.
- The ability to problem-solve, multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment is a must.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals
- A true team player who understands how to work productively in a team environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe Photoshop skills
- Familiarity with a variety of resources to keep up-to-date on the latest news in digital fundraising
- Committed to mission of Marquette University
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Previous experience with days of giving is a plus.
- Digital marketing background is a plus.
- Experience with crowdfunding platforms desired
- Experience with graphic design desired
- Experience with web editing desired
It is the policy of Marquette University to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.
To apply for this job please visit employment.marquette.edu.