Annual Giving Officer
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCambridge, MA
Annual Giving Officer, Resource Development Office of Individual Giving (OIG), to participating in annual fund-level fund-raising for the Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (DAPER). Will raise five figure annual fund gifts for DAPER and actively coordinate engagement projects for the benefit of major gift prospects in consultation with staff across DAPER, the Division of Student Life, and Resource Development; interface with staff and faculty from across MIT; assist in establishing relationships with prospects, creating prospect lists, planning special events, arranging stewardship, and providing other project support with fund-raising, project management, and data analysis; work in collaboration with the director of development, DAPER Initiatives and Alumni Association, Resource Development, and DAPER Communications to coordinate and develop and create a communications plan for various priority projects.
- A bachelor’s degree;
- At least three years of relevant work experience;
- Excellent planning, analytical, organization, interpersonal, listening, and oral and written communication skills;
- Emotional intelligence for thoughtfully engaging and building relationships with colleagues, leadership, faculty, alumni, volunteers, donors, advisors, and other external constituents;
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team in a service-oriented environment, manage diverse tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and complex environment, and influence others to move toward a common vision or goal;
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy, and time sensitivity; discretion, diplomacy, and good judgment with confidential information; initiative;
- Support for MIT’s advancement and diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities.
- Experience in nonprofit fund-raising environments.
Must be willing and able to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.