Associate Director, Class Giving
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCambridge, MA
Associate Director, Class Giving, Alumni Association, to encourage philanthropy from MIT undergraduate alumni through a class-based fund-raising program. Will be responsible for developing the strategy for two-three reunion campaigns and leveraging best volunteer management practices; setting stretch goals to increase support and participation; recruiting and training committee members on-campus, regionally, and through online calls; monitoring progress, providing analysis, and helping determine priorities in partnership with volunteer leaders; soliciting for annual leadership gifts as appropriate; coordinating with leadership gift and major gift colleagues on a comprehensive approach to reunion giving; and supporting class fund-raising agents in non-reunion classes.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least three years of relevant experience;
- Experience working with and managing volunteers;
- Ability to recruit, motivate, and train volunteers; experience setting and implementing strategy, including establishing and meeting goals and priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, alumni, and other constituents; strong planning, organizational, and written and oral communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to effectively develop and deliver training sessions for a wide variety of audiences; sound judgment with confidential information;
- The ability to work independently yet contribute to a collaborative environment and handle diversified tasks concurrently while meeting deadlines;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in nonprofit fund-raising environments and experience with Tableau, Ellucian Advance Web or other enterprise fund-raising system, and volunteer management portal systems.
Must be willing and able to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.