Data Analyst III
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCambridge, MA
Data Analyst III, Resource Development Information Technology (RD-IT)-Reporting and Analytics (R&A), to provide essential fund-raising data to RD and Institute development colleagues. Will partner with development users to assess business needs and collaborate with developers and other RD-IT members to implement solutions for those challenges. Will focus on the management and development aspects of report building, including collecting requirements, designing, testing, documenting, and fully implementing new enterprise reporting resources; and seek opportunities to improve data delivery by reviewing data collection, storage, and retrieval processes and identifying gaps.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, information technology, math or similar discipline;
- At least five years’ relevant experience analyzing and modeling large complex datasets and creating informative reports and dashboards, three years’ developer experience with Tableau, and two years with SQL;
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages, predictive analysis techniques, and statistical methodology;
- Strong planning, organizational, project management, analytical, data interpretation, problem-solving, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills; initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Discretion with highly confidential information;
- A desire to learn new technologies and comfort mapping business activities to IT systems and services.
- Must be able to collaborate as part of a team in a service-oriented environment and establish effective working relationships with colleagues and other constituents;
- Handle diverse, concurrent tasks while meeting deadlines;
- Synthesize, evaluate, and communicate information clearly and cohesively;
- Approach tasks with an eye toward improved efficiency.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance or other enterprise fund-raising systems and underlying DBMS;
- Experience developing enterprise-wide reports using Crystal Reports, Cognos, Tableau, or similar software;
- Experience in higher education advancement services, particularly in prospect management and gift accounting.
Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends is required.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.