Director, Alumni Volunteer Experience
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCambridge, MA
Director, Alumni Volunteer Experience, Alumni Association (MITAA), to provide a consistent, quality, and meaningful experience for volunteer’s during their entire lifecycle with the MITAA. Will develop strategy and manage the execution of leadership development programming, on-boarding, and off-boarding; lead efforts to create a robust, diverse volunteer pipeline; oversee the content and delivery of the tools used to support volunteer efforts; guide/coach staff to identify and rotate volunteers to appropriate positions; set consistent guidelines for recognition for volunteer activities, and oversee unique engagement opportunities for new and existing volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Seven years’ experience working in alumni relations or volunteer leadership development in a university/nonprofit setting and at least one supervising staff, setting goals, and managing performance and budgets;
- Experience working with and managing volunteers; understanding of volunteer management best practices;
- Experience setting and implementing strategy, including establishing and meeting goals and priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, organizational, and written and oral communication skills;
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to effectively develop and deliver training sessions to a wide variety of audiences;
- Attention to detail;
- Discretion with confidential information;
- Proficiency with standard computer applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Zoom, PowerPoint), knowledge of web content management systems, and experience with Encompass and Ellucian Advance Web;
- Support for MIT’s advancement and diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities.
- Must be able to handle diverse tasks concurrently while meeting deadlines; work strategically; recruit, motivate, train, and manage volunteers; establish effective working relationships with colleagues, alumni, and other constituents; collaborate as part of a team in a service-oriented environment; and influence others and move toward a common vision/goal.
- Marketing skills.
Must be willing and able to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.