Senior Administrative Assistant
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCambridge, MA
Senior Administrative Assistant, Alumni Association, to provide advanced-level special project support for the executive director of Alumni Relations. Will perform–with minimal supervision–diverse, high-level office administration tasks in support of the executive director and the Alumni Relations team, manage the office workflow, and represent the unit both within the Alumni Association and in the MIT community at large.
- High school diploma or its equivalent;
- At least five years’ administrative, office, or related experience, preferably supporting an executive-level administrator;
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, planning, problem-solving, time-management, decision-making, and written and oral communication skills;
- Sound judgment with confidential information;
- Ability to promote and foster a highly professional and welcoming office environment for MIT’s many internal and external audiences;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- A flexible approach to the workplace;
- Experience using Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel) and solid PowerPoint skills.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize assignments, and meet deadlines without compromising quality;
- Effectively organize oneself and others;
- Take initiative and anticipate the consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change;
- Work both independently and collaboratively as a team member who is willing to lend a hand at all times in a demanding and high-volume work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, project coordination experience, experience with project management tools and iModules,
- Experience in development or alumni relations in higher education or nonprofit environment
Must be able and willing to travel and work evenings and weekends.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.com.