Development and Mass Audiences Coordinator
Médecins sans Frontieres/ Doctors Without Borders USANew York, NY
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial medical care in over 70 countries to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $500 million annually to support the mission of the organization.
The Development and Mass Audiences Coordinator will report to both the Development Director and the Senior Manager of Mass Market Acquisition and Retention, splitting their time between the Mass Audiences team while providing targeted administrative support to the Development Director. This person will support the Mass Audiences team with project management, marketing campaign coordination, data input, trafficking creative materials, administrative tasks, and more.
The Mass Audiences program is responsible for the identification, engagement, growth, and retention of all donors under $1,000, both single gift and sustaining donors—over one million donors in total. The Development Department is comprised of Integrated Channel Marketing, Mass Audiences, Mid-Level Giving, Major Giving, Planned Giving, Corporate & Institutional Giving, Research & Analytics, Technology, Products, and Services, and our CRM team. This person will work with all teams under the Development Director.
There will be opportunities to learn about MSF’s programs and how it operates as a nonprofit in the United States, as well as its international programs and the role that MSF-USA plays in the MSF movement. This role is ideal for anyone interested in a career in development (fundraising) for a nonprofit, as well as the administration of humanitarian organizations (NGOs).
- Supports the Mass Audiences team in execution of their strategies for each donor audience
- Organizes documentation and reports related to fundraising activities
- Creates and updates talking points for new and existing MSF projects and campaigns
- Supports sustainer program with administrative tasks
- Edits and updates creative materials as needed
- Coordinates ordering and shipping of materials to vendors
- Attends and coordinates meetings and ad-hoc presentations
- Takes organized and actionable meeting notes, transfer ideas into documentation, and tracks action items
- Attends “brown bag lunches,” public education events, and staff and department meetings as often as scheduling allows
- Supports annual planning process
- Supports staff and vendor onboarding
- Provides scheduling, note taking, and admin support to the Director of Development
- Supports other miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Previous administrative experience
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Responsible, driven, and able to work independently with guidance from manager or other staff
- Ability to task shift and juggle multiple projects; can pivot priorities easily without inducing stress
- Can-do attitude with strong problem-solving skills
- Project management skills– can carry a small project from beginning to end, think through possible obstacles, and proactively seek solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication, copy-editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to distill important information
- Willingness to do repetitive tasks
- Digitally literate with advanced computer skills, including Excel, Word, and Google products
- Embraces the principles and the work of MSF
- Interest in a career in marketing
- Experience working in donor databases
- Comfort with data and numbers
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Please note that neither relocation assistance nor visa sponsorship will be offered for this position.
No phone calls and emails please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.doctorswithoutborders.org.