Manager for Annual Giving Programs
Merrimack CollegeNorth Andover, MA
The Manager for Annual Giving Programs, under the supervision of the Senior Associate Vice President for Development and with strong coordination across Development and Alumni Relations, is charged with executing a robust marketing program for The Merrimack Fund, The Warrior Fund, and The Parents Fund. This includes the execution and analysis of a solicitation and communication plan for all mass marketing channels: direct mail, email, social media, web-giving, and giving days. Additionally, this person will oversee the strategy, planning and execution of donor challenges and will be responsible for managing Merrimack’s relationships with our annual giving vendors and any outside mailing vendors. This role will also work in close partnership with the Advancement Services team to further develop our ability to strategically use data to drive the work of The Merrimack Fund, The Warrior Fund, and The Parents Fund.
- In partnership with the Senior Associate Vice President for Development and in coordination with other Development and Alumni Relations (ODAR) colleagues, execute a comprehensive and cohesive marketing strategy to be employed across all communication channels.
- Execute a robust direct mail/email schedule including detailed segmentation and audience based messaging. Ensure best practices are instituted and maintained while maximizing donor acquisition/renewal and dollars raised.
- Help to identify creative opportunities to collaborate with other ODAR stakeholders to maximize the impact of the work as well as to provide an exceptional donor experience.
- Execute an email appeal strategy that is strongly related and supported by direct mail. Ensure timely reporting and cutting-edge segmentation and testing to maximize results.
- In strong partnership with the Advancement Services team, provide timely and accurate reporting for The Merrimack Fund, The Warrior Fund, and The Parents Fund team as it pertains to appeal performance, segmentation strategy and results, as well as projections and benchmarking toward overall goals.
- Identify unique donor segments where innovative marketing can have a significant impact such as first time donors, lapsed donors, and affinity groups.
- Execute projects that have an impact across ODAR, such as the determination and data input of strategic ask amounts and fiscal year end reporting strategies.
- Develop recommendations based on data analysis for innovative ways to continuously build annual giving.
- Manage and lead execution of short-term donor challenges and partner with the Senior Associate Vice President for Development on the implementation of Giving Days.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of fundraising operations, preferably in higher education
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial atmosphere, has a high degree of personal responsibility, is
- committed to continuous improvement to ensure the best outcomes, and has unwavering focus on the alumni and parents we serve.
- Highly professional and able to productively collaborate with colleagues in ODAR.
- Able to diplomatically collaborate with faculty, students, administrators, and departments campus wide, while focusing on the goals and priorities of ODAR within Merrimack’s strategic plan.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a changing, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of fundraising operations best practices.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
Merrimack college is committed to building a culturally and racially diverse community, based on the values of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups. Candidates are encouraged to describe in their application previous activities or interests related to equity, diversity, and inclusion, as well as how they will engage in fostering a culture that values diversity and inclusive excellence at Merrimack College.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.