Assistant Director of Development, Annual Giving
Miami UniversityOxford, OH
The Division of University Advancement at Miami University is looking for new team members who want to make an impact on the lives and experiences of our students through philanthropy. Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 200,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education, there is a significant opportunity to increase support from alumni, friends, and partners. Everyone on our team plays a part in achieving this goal.
The Assistant Director of Development, Annual Giving will advance the mission of Miami University by planning, organizing, and implementing strategies to increase the level of engagement and financial commitment of alumni and friends through telephone, electronic and personal solicitation. Particular emphasis will be given to securing philanthropic support for the university’s Annual Fund through a comprehensive phone, email, and text solicitation strategy.
In alignment with Miami University’s statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution’s greatest strengths. We recognize that every Miamian has a unique story and unfortunately many are marked with challenges and pain based on one or more of their identities. We thus acknowledge the painful and difficult experiences at Miami past and present. We are committed to recognizing and celebrating all Miamians. We aspire to connect Miami with our diverse constituencies and create pathways for current and future Miamians of all backgrounds. We choose to honor Miami University’s holistic approach to and definition of diversity as our guide. This statement is only a part of Advancement’s efforts.
The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
- Manage the Student Calling Program Student Calling
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, schedule, and directly supervise 5-7 student supervisors and 40-50 student callers
- With support from the Assistant Vice President of Development, Annual Giving, create the job descriptions, training program, and manual for student supervisors and callers.
- Develop and implement creative employee recognition and incentive programs to retain and motivate callers, improve performance and increase productivity.
- In collaboration with the Assistant Vice President of Development, Annual Giving, create a comprehensive solicitation and stewardship strategy. This includes: establishing a calling calendar,
determining calling segments and pools, managing data requests, developing calling scripts, follow-up emails, text messages and fulfillment letters.
- With support from the Assistant Vice President of Development, Annual Giving will establish goals for the overall program as well as individual segments
- Measure performance of individual callers in order to increase their productivity and meet overall program goals
- Collaborate with the Gift Processing Team and Advancement Services to ensure all reports are accurate and meeting the goals of the program.
- Leadership Annual Giving – Personal Solicitation
- Create and implement a strategic and comprehensive focus around individual outreach and prospect management to increase annual giving and develop a strong pipeline of consistent donors capable of making gifts in the $1,000 – $50,000 range.
- Effect cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship calls to alumni and friends independently and occasionally with other staff, faculty, administrators and alumni volunteers.
- Develop and implement service, cultivation and solicitation strategies for a personal portfolio of assigned prospects who need to be solicited for $1,000 – $50,000 with the support of Advancement Services and Development staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience (volunteer work may be counted towards this requirement).
- Master’s Degree.
- Previous experience in advancement, calling centers, annual giving, or marketing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Exhibit outstanding customer service, including strong organizational, written, and verbal skills.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.miamioh.edu.