Director of Leadership Giving
Miss Hall's SchoolPittsfield, MA
The Director of Leadership Giving will:
- Articulate the Miss Hall’s mission and vision and skillfully connect donor interests with funding opportunities;
- Spend a minimum of 80% of their time actively managing and developing a prospect pool of 120 major gift prospects, with the goal of securing increased funding from private philanthropic sources;
- Travel at least 40% of the time to cultivate, solicit, and steward donors;
- Manage and update a portfolio though proper database management, ensuring all prospect activities and communications are accurately tracked and recorded in a timely manner;
- Develop individual engagement strategies for top prospects and methodically work to engage prospects through the moves management process (qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship) while also achieving annual metrics for visits, meaningful contacts, and dollars raised;
- Work with select reunion classes to engage alums around reunion;
- Collaborate with colleagues to achieve ambitious team goals, raising together $5-10 million per year in support of Miss Hall’s;
- Understand popular planned giving vehicles; and
- Engage and manage school leadership in face-to-face cultivation, solicitation, renewal, and stewardship actions for top major donors and donors-to-be.
- 5+ years of frontline fundraising experience and a track record of successfully securing major gifts;
- Commitment to Miss Hall School’s mission and core values;
- Working knowledge of planned giving a plus;
- Proven track record of strategically using moves management and data analytics to maximize revenue and donor retention;
- Sincere commitment to educating and empowering girls;
- Enthusiasm for being part of a school community and familiarity with an independent school a plus;
- Experience with volunteer leadership and committees;
- Collaborative and positive approach to working as part of a high-performing team;
- Personable, highly organized, detail-oriented, and entrepreneurial;
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Must be willing to travel;
- Proficiency with the hands-on use of fundraising databases (experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred); and
- Ability to represent Miss Hall’s School with integrity and professionalism.
Miss Hall’s School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, genetic information or family medical history, military or veteran status or any other classification protected under federal, state, or local law. Miss Hall’s is committed to seeking talent across the diversity spectrum to educate and inspire our students to contribute to the common good.
To apply for this job please visit www.misshalls.org.