Society Gift Officer
Moravian CollegeBethlehem, PA
The society gift officer sets and achieves fundraising and engagement goals with a focus on alumni and supporters of Moravian College and Theological Seminary. The position designs, manages, and executes development strategies and programs to maximize philanthropic support for institutional priorities. The society gift officer will increase engagement and participation of the College and Seminary’s community of alumni and friends through intentional and focused outreach. The society gift officer serves on a staff of committed fundraising and engagement professionals and works closely with leadership volunteers and alumni.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establish fundraising goals and priorities based on department objectives, design strategies to meet those goals, and monitor progress against goals. Drive gift strategies for alumni in the $1,000 to $5,000/year gift range.
- Outreach to assigned alumni and donors, maintaining a portfolio of approximately 125 prospects with the specific goals of acquiring, retaining, reactivating, and upgrading their contributions in a timely manner. Maintains a visit schedule of 100-120 visits per year.
- Identify, analyze, and qualify donor interest to maximize giving, with an emphasis on moving annual donors to the major gift level.
- Develop and implement strategies for retention and growth of the Comenius Society and Bahnson Society (Seminary).
- Work independently to develop communication strategies and case statements for projects, including public presentations.
- Seek opportunities for professional development that will enhance job performance, including building networks within the College and with colleagues at peer institutions.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Development or his/her designee.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required, and at least three years of experience with increasing responsibility in advancement/development, external affairs, or a comparable field.
- Experience must show a proven track record of success.
- Ability to work in a self-directed fashion and to serve as a member of a collaborative 2 development team.
- Technology-savvy with an understanding of database and management systems.
- Experience in an educational or higher ed environment desired.
- Willingness to travel and the ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Requires superb written and verbal communication skills, a high level of creativity and innovative thinking, excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with staff at all levels, and the ability to represent Moravian College with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Exceptional attention to detail, grammar, spelling, and consideration for the target audience using various formats (e.g. emails, letters, social media, public speaking, etc.).
- Ability to productively manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines in a fast-paced, resultsoriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, and work independently and collaboratively, meticulous attention to details, good listener with the ability to build rapport easily with internal and external constituents, a team-oriented person with a passion for education, excellent judgment, maturity, creativity, flexibility, and a strong commitment to the mission and goals of Moravian College.
Deep respect for others is fundamental to the Moravian College community. Moravian College does not discriminate against any person based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. In compliance with the requirements of Title IX, Moravian College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program and activity, including employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.moravian.edu.