Director of Annual Giving
Morehouse CollegeAtlanta, GA
The Office of Institutional Advancement is seeking an accomplished, responsive, collaborative and results-oriented fundraiser to join its Advancement team. This team member will be responsible for overseeing the Annual Giving program strategies directed towards alumni, donors and vested stakeholders of the College. The ability to think and act strategically will be critical to the success of this position. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Administrative Services & Chief Annual Giving Officer, the Director of Annual Giving is responsible for administering all aspects of the planning, directing and implementing of a comprehensive annual giving program that reaches out to all the College’s constituencies, including alumni, faculty and staff, parents, and friends of the College. This position provides leadership and coaching to a team of two full-time staff. The Director of Annual Giving will play a pivotal role in increasing alumni participation rates and annual giving support in preparation for Morehouse’s next capital campaign.
- Ability to articulate the vision, mission, goals and core values of the College and its programs to internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the unit heads on fundraising initiatives and oversee fundraising volunteers where applicable
- Design and implement a multi-year strategic plan to grow annual giving support for the College and increase participation across constituent types
- Manage a portfolio of annual giving leadership level gift prospects and develop pipeline of major gifts prospects in coordination with major gifts officers
- Lead the annual strategy and day-to-day work plan for the annual giving program, including managing and coaching two full-time annual giving professionals
- Lead volunteer recruitment, training and recognition for annual giving activities including alumni, parents, and corporate partners
- Develop and oversee a strategy to improve acquisition, renewal and pledge fulfillment • Oversee multi-channel (mail, phone, email, social media) mass solicitation strategies to increase giving and participation
- Develop and implement strategies to encourage increased leadership annual giving
- Identify best practices, opportunity for capacity building and growth, solicitation strategies and stewardship for the annual giving program
- Assist with professional development and best practices for College community as it relates to annual giving fundraising
- Maintain relevancy in the field through continuous learning and professional development
- Maintain strict confidentiality as outlined in the College’s Policy on Confidentiality of Constituent Information
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business, liberal arts or related field
- Five+ years of related and progressively more responsibility or expansive work experience in professional fundraising, alumni/donor relations, public relations, marketing or related field
- Experience with direct and digital marketing.
- Experience with planned giving techniques and vehicles
- Experience with board and volunteer management
- Working knowledge of tax laws affecting charitable giving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills and intellectual curiosity
- Collaborative team-oriented style. Ability to work with a variety of personality types.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in a higher education environment, having participated in a comprehensive campaign.
- Proven and demonstrated ability to cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts up to $50,000 and/or more
- Experience with fundraising and financial software, Salesforce experience preferred
To apply for this job please visit morehouse.edu.