Major Gifts Officer
Mount Saint Mary's University, Los AngelesLos Angeles, CA
The Major Gifts Officer will work as a member of the Institutional Advancement (IA) team to help build a community of donors; build relationships with current and prospective donors; and implement a strategy to qualify, cultivate and solicit prospective donors; and steward existing donors.
The Major Gifts Officer will secure gifts in the $25,000 and higher range and work to increase the number of these donors to the College.
- Works collaboratively with IA colleagues, administrators and other staff and faculty to reach fundraising goals.
- Manages a portfolio of approximately 100-125 donor prospects. Develops and implements qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for assigned prospect pool.
- Works closely with the Individual Giving team to strategize and implement plans for donor acquisition and retention.
- Assists with and attends donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Meet face-to-face for personal donor cultivation and solicitation visits.
- Understanding of sophisticated fundraising techniques, donor relations and trends.
- Strong working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database system preferred, computers in general and Microsoft Word and Excel software applications.
Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to articulate the mission and value of a Mount Saint Mary’s University education and forge strong working relationships with others.
- Strong capacity for engaging confidence and trust among prospects and donors.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Effectively set priorities, and analyze and creatively solve problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication and organization skills.
- Exercise sound judgment and decision making.
- Detail-oriented, flexible and proactive.
- Demonstrated follow-through with multiple, simultaneous projects and tasks.
- Ability to keep abreast of updates and changes within the field.
- Must be comfortable working with high level volunteers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet established deadlines.
- Computer proficiency (strong experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred) and general office skills.
- Ability to drive and provide transportation to off-campus locations.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years of fundraising experience with a focus on individual donor development.
Licenses and Certifications:
- California driver’s license.
- Work Location: Both Chalon (West Los Angeles) and Doheny (Downtown Los Angeles)
- Start Date: Immediately
- Applications Deadline: Open until filled
The University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse student population and workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of learning. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply to be a student or to work for the University.
Please submit cover letter and resume.
About Mount St. Mary’s University:
Mount Saint Mary’s is the only women’s university in Los Angeles and one of the most diverse in the nation. The University is known nationally for its research on gender equity, its innovative health and science programs, and its commitment to community service. As a leading liberal arts institution, Mount Saint Mary’s provides year-round, flexible and online programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Weekend, evening and graduate programs are offered to both women and men. Mount alums are engaged, active, global citizens who use their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their communities and the world. www.msmu.edu
Mount Saint Mary’s University is an equal opportunity employer. The University is thoroughly committed both to providing equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees, and to providing a work environment that is free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Applicants must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The University will not assist applicants with any visa matters. A background check will be required. Applicants must also provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination of condition of employment.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.