Assistant Director, The Muhlenberg Fund
Muhlenberg CollegeAllentown, PA
This position is responsible for raising funds from alumni and other donors in support of the current operations of the College. The Assistant Director, The Muhlenberg Fund is responsible for sustaining, stewarding, and growing participation and giving from the College’s annual donors who have the potential for leadership and major gifts. This position will support the strategy developed in conjunction with the Sr. Associate Director and Executive Director, Annual Giving. This includes leading the execution of a best-in-class day of giving—MULEmentum—as well as serving as the primary liaison and manager of volunteer engagement and giving for assigned classes (reunion and nonreunion) and affinity groups.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate and personally solicit annual fund gifts in the range of $1,500 – $24,999.
- Maintain a portfolio of 150 prospects capable of making a leadership gift to the College.
- Maintain a travel schedule of 15-18 prospect visits per month.
- Serve as primary liaison and leadership volunteer manager for assigned reunion and non-reunion classes. Work with annual fund team members to set goals and ask strategy. Solicits, cultivates, and stewards classmates, and constituents.
- Serve as primary liaison and leadership volunteer manager for affinity groups in religious life, academics, and athletics. Work with annual fund team to set goals and ask strategy. Solicits, cultivates, and stewards classmates, and constituents.
- Support all aspects of, the annual day of giving program. Implement a comprehensive strategy that includes ambassador programs, personal solicitations, direct mail, phonathon, electronic, and digital communications.
- Work with Annual Giving staff in nurturing, growing and stewarding faculty and staff.
- Work closely with the Communication staff on volunteer newsletters and other stewardship initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate regional cultivation and recognition opportunities.
- Attend major on-campus College functions.
- Assist the Sr. Associate Director with identification and solicitation of HMMS giving society members, event preparation, and other duties as assigned by Sr. Associate Director, The Muhlenberg Fund.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Three to five years of experience in higher education annual giving preferred.
- Previous face-to-face solicitation experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and assessment skills required.
- Demonstrated understanding of fundraising techniques, volunteer management, donor relations and stewardship.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and effectively handle multiple priorities in a metrics-driven environment.
- Ability to work in a self-directed fashion while serving as a member of a collaborative advancement team.
- Ability to understand and articulate the role of a small, private liberal arts college.
- Excellent skills in communication, analysis, organization, time management and planning.
- Extensive travel, ability to navigate stairs and some night and weekend work required.
To apply for this job please visit muhlenberg.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.