Associate Director for Annual Giving Communications and Marketing
NC State UniversityRaleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties
Reporting to the Executive Director of Annual Giving, this position will serve as a part of the Annual Giving team and work to support all areas of the University in conjunction with the Think & Do the Extraordinary Campaign. They will work with the Executive Director of Annual Giving in partnership with the Asst. Vice-Chancellor for University Development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the Annual Giving team’s primary project manager for all projects to ensure key details, deadlines are established and met.
- Collaborate with the Annual Giving team to develop and reach annual goals and objectives for various audiences and channels; create, implement and assess segmentation and marketing strategies.
- Lead development and integration of direct marketing campaigns for various audiences and channels that lead to achieving annual giving goals.
- Serve as the primary vendor manager for Direct Mail.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all industry best practices and trends through conferences, webinars, and peer/university listservs. Regular benchmarking with peer institutions to determine and adopt industry best practices.
- Be an active and collaborative team member in Annual Giving and University Development.
- Attend a variety of events throughout the year.
- Some travel and occasional night and weekend work are required.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
Post-baccalaureate credentials with at least three (3) years of related professional experience, or a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least five (5) or more years of professional experience and program management.
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team in a large, complex research university
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and ethics of fundraising
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles including expertise in developing and executing successful, strategic, integrated marketing plans; audience analysis and segmentation; messaging strategy, advertising, CMS, CRM, and other engagement strategies
- Hands-on experience in creative project management including serving as lead project manager for multiple projects, with experience in digitally delivered and web projects
- Effective interpersonal skills and a proven track record of establishing and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently while maintaining consistent and transparent communication with a team and institutional leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, with close attention to detail
- Self-motivated and self-starting
- Proven experience (typically five or more years of professional experience and program management) in annual giving, marketing, advertising, public relations, communications or a related field.
- Understanding of the development process and donor cycle
- Experience in higher education fundraising
- An understanding of the land grant, research Tier One university environment
- Familiarity with NC State University and the Triangle region
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ncsu.edu.