Director of Annual Giving (Hybrid)
New England CollegeHenniker, NH
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for oversight of New England College annual fundraising program. As lead for the annual giving program, the Director oversees outreach to alumni, faculty/staff, parents, and friends for core support. The Director of Annual Giving collaborates closely with College administrators, faculty, staff, and volunteers to provide professional and strategic approaches to cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding alumni, faculty/staff, parents, and friends who represent potential leadership annual giving donors. S/he provides leadership in addressing issues of professional practice, policies, and procedures. Working as part of a dynamic team of advancement professionals, the Director will be responsible for building partnerships with colleagues across the College and will work closely with colleagues in Advancement, Marketing and Communications, and Athletics to effectively market campaigns to various constituents. The Director should be a creative, out-of-the-box, resourceful thinker and doer and must be a team player with well-honed partnership-building, client management, and project management skills.
Essential Duties Summary
- Develop and achieve annual fund goals, metrics, and strategies; provide support and direction to gift officers;
- Oversee annual, parent, and athletic giving by leading strategic campaign planning, developing goals and objectives, providing management oversight of gift officers, and acting as a liaison with other college departments on matters of constituent engagement;
- Work closely with the AVP to ensure that programs of engagement and fund-raising are strategically aligned, providing opportunities for a deeper level of engagement for alumni, parents, students, faculty/staff, and friends of the college, resulting in a robust pipeline of prospects with increasing levels of philanthropic support;
- Manage a leadership giving portfolio that is a pipeline to major giving;
- Coordinate with the Director of Advancement Services on reports, research, and data requirements to ensure appropriate support for gift officers and engagement strategies;
- Develop programming that grows and strengthens connections between students and alumni.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 plus years of experience in fundraising, alumni relations, event coordination, or similar field;
- Familiarity with Banner Advancement database or similar fundraising database program (preferred).
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated success in managing an annual giving program preferred, preferably in a higher education setting. Must understand the connections between engagement and philanthropy;
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience in prior positions;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
New England College prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed or religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, veteran’s status or disability in regard to treatment, access to or employment in its programs and activities, in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), individuals with disabilities needing accommodation should contact the ADA Compliance Officer.
New England College is committed to providing equal opportunity in all conditions of employment and creating a welcoming and supportive environment that celebrates diversity. If an imbalance is found to exist, the College will make good faith efforts to recruit, hire and promote persons underrepresented in the workplace.
To apply for this job please visit nec.peopleadmin.com.