Associate Director of Annual Giving
Newark AcademyLivingston, NJ
Founded in 1774, Newark Academy has a rich history as an independent, coeducational school, for grades 6-12, located on a beautiful 68-acre campus in Livingston, NJ. The mission of Newark Academy is to “contribute to the world engaged individuals instilled with a passion for learning, a standard of excellence, and a generosity of spirit.”
The Associate Director of Annual Giving is a core member of Newark Academy’s fundraising team who will participate in all facets of development including: donor identification and research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. This individual will cultivate, solicit, and steward annual donors to the Annual Fund with a particular focus on encouraging increased philanthropic support. The successful candidate will be a proven fundraiser capable of establishing strong relationships, collaborating with an effective team, and communicating with internal and external constituents.
Reports to: Director of Development
- Works closely with Director of Development to develop multi-year, multi-channel annual giving strategy
- Oversee and execute strategic plan for annual alumni giving
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of ~150 Alumni donor prospects, with an emphasis on face-to-face cultivation
- Develop and implement solicitation strategies for portfolio of prospects
- Create and maintain comprehensive outreach calendar to track annual giving activity
- Cultivate, steward, and promote engagement with Alumni in partnership with the Director of Alumni Relations
- Develop and oversee the annual calendar of fundraising activities and events for alumni at all gift levels, including Reunion giving
- Support Director of Development in managing portfolio of non-leadership Parent Giving
- Partner with Assistant Director of Annual Alumni Giving to create appeals and communications to all constituents
- 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit development work (preferably in an educational setting) and a track record that illustrates increasing responsibilities and broad-based experience
- Experience in face-to-face cultivation and solicitation of major gifts and in all phases of annual giving, including writing/editing of solicitation materials and coordination of telephone and social media programs.
- Experience in stewardship activities designed to retain and enhance existing donor relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues, parents, alumni and other constituents
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Flexibility, initiative, and the ability to thrive in a team environment
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and NXT, Microsoft Office Suite and Google suite
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate emerging technologies into fundraising strategies
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with Experience
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Newark Academy seeks and celebrates diversity in its faculty, staff, and student body. In admissions and employment practices, scholarship aid and educational programs, Newark Academy upholds applicable state and federal laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit www.newarka.edu.