Assistant Director for Annual Giving-Data Analytics and Reporting
North Carolina State UniversityRaleigh, NC
- The Assistant Director for Data Analytics and Reporting in the Office of Annual Giving reports to the Associate Director for Data Analytics and Reporting and supports the technological solutions with the goal of improving operational performance and efficiency. This position will serve as a part of the University Development’s team and will work to support and collaborate with all areas of University Advancement in conjunction with the Think & Do the Extraordinary Campaign.
- The Assistant Director for Data Analytics and Reporting is responsible for working with the Associate Director managing the assessment and execution of various technology solutions in a cost‐effective to further manage strategies, mailings, segmentation and campaigns for all broad-based marketing channels. In addition, the Assistant Director will lead with reporting and service as a primary data liaison to college on technical solutions, metrics, and performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the primary system administrator for technologies managed by Annual Giving (VanillaSoft, SignalVine, RNL’s Campus Call, etc).
- Collaborate with the Annual Giving team to develop and reach annual goals and objectives for various audiences and channels; create, implement and assess segmentation, fundraising and marketing strategies for phone, mail, and web/digital channels.
- Identify and implement technological solutions with goal of improving operational performance and efficiency.
- Liaise with other campus technology administrators to ensure proper use of Advancement systems (Advance, SAS, Blackbaud, etc.)
- Develop an understanding, carry out and document the process for extracting and processing solicitation data through available technology systems and aligning with best practices.
- Perform proactive data analytics and data mining using tools for predictive modeling, clustering, and other data science methodologies.
- Address key questions around solicitation structures, clustering for segmentation, and effectiveness of current fundraising practices through data mining efforts.
- Coordinate with Annual Giving colleagues on technical and strategic aspects of implementation related to analytics findings.
- Serve as the primary person responsible for the appeal code reporting, college-based reporting, and management of the university-wide solicitation calendar.
- Review college-based report requests for alignment with best practices and Annual Giving strategy.
- Utilize data and reporting information to strategically enhance fundraising and marketing efforts.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the assigned college(s) and unit(s) and provide regular updates to both teams.
- Follow emerging trends and best practices in annual giving direct marketing, technology, and analytics.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Attend a variety of events throughout the year.
- Occasional travel and occasional night and weekend work is required.
- Post-baccalaureate credentials or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Mac OSX and Windows desktop environments.
- Ability to work independently, to be creative and exercise initiative.
- High energy level and strong drive to be successful.
- Unquestioned integrity in dealing with confidential information.
- Open and accessible interpersonal style; good listener.
- Optimistic, persistent and positive attitude.
- Proven experience (typically two or more years of professional experience and program management) in fundraising, or data analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, social sciences, computer science, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and ethics of fundraising.
- An understanding of the land grant, research Tier One university environment.
- Familiarity with NC State University and the Triangle.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ncsu.edu.