Assistant Development Director, Corporate and Foundations Relations
Northern Arizona UniversityPhoenix, AZ
General Statement of Duties:
This position reports to the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations within the Central Advancement Office and works to help advance and increase philanthropic funding from corporations and foundations to Northern Arizona University, and to enhance relationships with internal NAU and external organizational partners. Primary responsibilities include researching potential partnership connections that enhance student opportunities, academic programs, and faculty research, as well as preparing and submitting funding applications and proposals to corporations, private foundations, and family foundations. This position is responsible for ensuring stewardship and reporting requirements regarding progress updates and funds utilized for funded projects.
- Maintain and grow a portfolio of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) prospects, and manage portfolio through all phases of development process: discovery/assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship;
- Collaborate with unit-based Development Officers, faculty, deans and university leadership to develop foundation and corporate proposals at the major gifts level of$25K+;
- Develop effective application materials, proposals, case statements, conceptual plans, letters of inquiry, acknowledgement letters, progress and stewardship reports, and other corporate and foundation communications;
- In consultation with development officers proactively assist deans and faculty in creating effective funding strategies focused on corporate prospects, leveraging existing corporate relationships across NAU;
- Research and analyze information and data for proposal development;
- Create customized budgets and develop project summaries for use with funding prospects and in grant reporting;
- Maintain active calendar and tracking system for CFR funding opportunities, submission and reporting deadlines;
- Prepare presentations and other written materials for events related to donors and prospects;
- Create and manage a dynamic CFR presence on NAU/NAU Foundation web portals, providing resources and information to NAU faculty and staff, including potential foundation and corporate funders, institutional information, research and resource tools, services, and best practices;
- Develop and manage university-wide CFR funding alerts, including RFPs, for electronic dissemination via deans and office of vice president for research;
- Interface with Office of Sponsored Projects on the submission and administration of philanthropic support for research activity to ensure seamless submission, tracking, reporting and stewardship;
- Support workshops and trainings across University on Corporate and Foundation Relations, proposal/program/project concept development;
- Works within existing standards to promote team/organizational effectiveness.
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of successful work experience in developing proposals for foundation and/or corporate fundraising; or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of management or supervisory experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD in communications, marketing, or related field.
- Experience in higher education fundraising and/or fundraising in a complex organization.
- Experience working with the Arizona business community.
NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu.