Associate Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement
Occidental CollegeLos Angeles, CA
The Associate Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement will report to the Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement and will work closely with volunteers, as well as with team members within Institutional Advancement. The Associate Director will work closely with other volunteer managers and the Campaign team, to educate, organize, empower and align volunteers in support of Oxy’s Campaign goals. The Associate Director will also be directly responsible for the program strategy and implementation of Alumni Reunion Weekend, and serve as the primary point person for class planning committee management. This position will provide coordination and support for established affinity programs, and lead the development of new affinity organizations.
Reunion Planning (45%)
- Oversee program strategy, development, and implementation for Oxy’s Alumni Reunion Weekend, including volunteer recruitment and class planning committee management.
- Coordinate with Engagement Communications to develop an outreach strategy that will create a sense of excitement and appeal to broad cross sections of the alumni community.
- Develop a program strategy that identifies key campus and community initiatives and achievements, and highlights them in the lead up to and over the course of Reunion Weekend.
- Work closely with Oxy Fund staff to coordinate efforts around Reunion Planning and Reunion Giving committees, and develop a deep understanding of fundraising goals and initiatives related to the Reunion program.
- Employ survey technology and track metrics to determine effectiveness of outreach and program strategies, and measure success. Prepare and distribute reports to volunteer leaders and senior staff on program impact.
Volunteer Program Management (50%)
- Work directly with and support the efforts of Oxy’s alumni affinity organizations and Fifty Year Club.
- The Associate Director will partner with colleagues to identify, recruit, and train volunteers.
- In coordination with volunteer groups, develop annual plans and a slate of programs that achieve each organizations’ goals and deepen connections with the College.
- Manage affinity event implementation and, in collaboration with Oxy Fund colleagues, coordinate programs and activities that support affinity group fundraising goals.
- Provide quarterly financial documents on affinity organization accounts.
- Manage the development and establishment of new groups, with a focus on those that advance Campaign and Institutional priorities.
- Collaborate in the development of event strategies and implementation for Homecoming, Family Orientation and other key alumni and parent engagement events.
- Provide staff support for the Alumni Board of Governors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated success in work organization, project and time management.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and travel.
- Knowledge of modern data management practices and techniques including data-based computerized information systems, data modeling, and models of analysis that leads to effective decision making on behalf of the program.
- An appreciation for and understanding of the value of a liberal arts education, with specific understanding of Occidental College.
- Ability to effectively communicate the value, message and brand of Occidental College. • A demonstrated excitement and interest in building and coordinating regional communities and key groups of alumni, parent and student volunteers.
- Personal proactive initiative and an ability to manage projects simultaneously, to set priorities and follow-through on projects.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team, strong writing, revising, editing and proofreading skills, and the ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy and quality under pressure of deadline and with a high level of professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively motivate, train and support colleagues and volunteers.
- Ability to set collaborative goals and to see projects to completion in reflection of goals.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment – with a mix of deans, faculty, alumni, parents, students and staff. Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military, and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Occidental is strongly committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and just environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their work are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the College’s strategic equity and justice goals and those from groups that are underrepresented in the field are particularly encouraged to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package is available that includes excellent health, dental, life, and retirement benefits; tuition benefits for the employee, spouse, domestic partner, and dependents; additional extras including use of gym facilities and the College Library.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the city of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. Occidental College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualifying disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please contact Human Resources(firstname.lastname@example.org).
As a condition of hire for a staff position and for appointment to a faculty position, Occidental College requires that all candidates who have received a conditional offer of employment complete an application form (if they have not already done so) and consent to a background check. Satisfactory completion of a background check, along with pre-employment verifications and references are required as a condition of employment, but only as permitted by federal, state, and local law, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative forHiring Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit www.oxy.edu.