Director of Development for the College of Law
Ohio Northern UniversityAda, OH
Job Summary: The Director of Development for the College of Law is a member of the development team and is responsible for devising and executing a comprehensive major gift fundraising plan to maximize support for the University and the designated college to which s/he is assigned through the identiﬁcation, cultivation, and solicitation of major and planned gift prospects.
Job Scope: Support the University Advancement Division, assigned college, and university overall by serving as the Director of Development for the College of Law in a performance-oriented culture.
- Developing strategies for identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift prospects
- Actively manage a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Partner with the Dean and faculty / staff of the assigned college to represent Advancement in the establishment and implementation of major gifts fundraising strategies, plans, and goals
- Support, assist, and partner with other development staff and institutional leaders
- Meet or exceed goals relating to the cultivation and securing of support from assigned prospects and constituency
- Other duties as assigned
- Goal orientation with a high level of energy, enthusiasm and dedication to the mission and goals of the University
- Ability to build and sustain relationships and close major gifts
- Ability to effectively develop and implement operational, tactical, and strategic plans
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability and personality to work collaboratively, accept responsibility, and motivate colleagues, volunteers, and donors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound judgment and integrity
- Ensure compliance with governmental and University policies and regulations
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Willingness to try new approaches and take appropriate risks
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three or more years of professional experience in development and / or marketing, preferably within a university or other complex not-for-profit environment
- Record of successful major gift fundraising
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- This position requires travel and a willingness to work weekends and evenings as necessary
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with the internet, social media, word processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs
- Graduate degree and / or CFRE
- Five or more years of professional experience in development, preferably within a university or other complex not-for-profit environment
Closing Date: 12/20/2020
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.onu.edu.