Executive Director of Development
Ohio Northern UniversityAda, OH
Job Summary: The Executive Director of Development is a member of the development team and is responsible for devising and executing a comprehensive major gift fundraising plan to maximize the securing of principal, leadership level gifts for the University.
Job Scope: Support the University Advancement Division by serving as Executive Director of Development with a focus on principal gifts in a performance-oriented culture.
- Developing strategies for identification, cultivation, and solicitation of principal level gifts
- Support, assist, and partner with other development staff in providing mentorship and assisting in the development of colleague gift officers as needed
- Actively manage a portfolio of top major gift prospects and donors for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Serve as lead team member on major university fundraising projects, particularly those that cross college and department affinities.
- Partner with VP and AVP and various university leaders, faculty / staff to represent Advancement in the establishment and implementation of major gifts fundraising strategies, plans, and goals
- Meet or exceed goals relating to the cultivation and securing of support from assigned prospects
- Potentially serve as a development liaison to academic/departmental units or colleges
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced level skills in knowledge, planning, and implementation of major and planned giving programs
- Goal orientation with a high level of energy, enthusiasm and dedication to the mission and goals of the University
- Ability to build and sustain relationships and close major gifts
- Ability to effectively develop and implement operational, tactical, and strategic plans for projects throughout the university
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability and personality to work collaboratively, accept responsibility, and motivate colleagues, volunteers, and donors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound judgment and integrity
- Ensure compliance with governmental and University policies and regulations
- Ability to work with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- Willingness to try new approaches and take appropriate risks
- Computer literacy, including familiarity with the internet, social media, word processing, spreadsheets, and database software programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five or more years of professional experience in development, preferably within a university or other complex not-for-profit environment
- Demonstrated record of success in securing principal level major and planned gifts
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- This position requires travel and a willingness to work weekends and evenings as necessary
- Graduate degree and / or CFRE
- Ten or more years of professional experience in development, preferably within a university or other complex not-for-profit environment
Closing Date: 12/20/2020
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.onu.edu.