Ohio Wesleyan UniversityDelaware, OH
Reporting to the Sr. Associate Director, Advancement Operations and Data Specialist, this full-time position serves as the primary resource for university donations. Oversees the submission and accuracy in the recording of gifts, pledges, and event registrations. Handles the gift and pledge management for the university’s donations. Serves as the point of contact for all university donation inquiries. Collaborates with Director of Annual Giving and Stewardship on fundraising activities to ensure materials, solicitations and events meet IRS charitable giving criteria. Partners with Accounting on fund deposits, gift allocations, reconciliations, and fund reporting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and process all gifts, pledges, and event registrations in the Raiser’s Edge Database. Organize/maintain the appropriate documentation on each gift and pledge through physical or electronic means.
- Review all gift and pledge submissions for accuracy and donor intent. Resolve issues, ensure gifts and pledges are recorded accurately, and adhere to gift acceptance policies and IRS rules.
- Verify all proposal information is updated when gift or pledge is made to ensure the accuracy of the Development Officers’ metrics.
- Oversee the attachment of gift tidbits and pledge information to all gifts and funds.
- Create faculty/staff payroll each fiscal year. Process new requests and review deduction report from Payroll.
- Administer monthly EFT transactions within FirstCommonwealth Bank and Raiser’s Edge.
- Develop/maintain a system for capturing expired cards and anniversary gift dates.
- Oversee the daily import of gifts from text and GiveCampus solicitations. Work with vendors as needed to ensure the correct flow of data.
- In conjunction with Stewardship, develop tributes for honorarium and memorial gifts.
- Oversee workflow for planned gifts and grants. Create/adjust gift forms to ensure accuracy.
- Handle any credit card rejections with the donor as well as the solicitor.
- Conduct any pledge write-offs or adjustments necessary from donors or audits.
- Research any giving related inquiries from the donor or solicitor.
- Maintain a listing of processed gifts for Stewardship to assist with the receipting process. Personally generate all stock and gift-in-kind receipts.
- Reconcile all donations made through University Advancement.
- Reconcile all credit cards donations with Blackbaud Merchant Services, if any discrepancies then troubleshoot and follow-up with the vendor, donor, and solicitor.
- Independently reconcile the University’s FirstCommonwealth Bank account for Accounting, which contains wire transfers and ACH deposits.
- Investigate bank reconciliation requests from Accounting.
- Partner with the auditors and Accounting for the university’s audit.
- Verify daily check deposits to ensure all checks were scanned and processed for the correct amount.
- Manage the campaign and fund listings in Raiser’s Edge.
- Create/maintain a process with Accounting and Stewardship for creating new funds and ensuring the funds are linked to the appropriate campaigns.
- Review gift agreements and endowment agreements to verify the gift agreement ties to appropriate pledges in the system.
- Audit the campaign reports to assist the Associate Director of Advancement- Reporting & Analysis with the accuracy of the reports.
- Execute the posting of gifts and payments to the general ledger.
- Partner with Accounting on fund deposits, gift allocations, reconciliations, and fund reporting.
- Create daily adjustment files sent to Accounting verifying the credit/debit accounts and adjustment amounts.
- Act as a liaison between Ohio Wesleyan and any matching gift company for the purpose of approving, receipting, and receipting matching gifts.
- Create/maintain a process for entering potential matching gifts.
- Work with matching gift companies to confirm receipt of donations.
- Support University Advancement in other areas as needed, assuming other duties as assigned.
- Stay abreast of IRS giving guidelines.
- Maintain Advancement Operations general email account.
- Create queries or reports surrounding gifts and funds in Excel and/or Crystal Reports.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of related experience required.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge, Blackbaud products desirable, but not required.
- Knowledge of higher education fundraising desired, but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be a self-starter, a good multitasker, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Must possess the willingness to be flexible to support the mission, goals, and objectives of the university.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.