Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Oregon Health and Sciences University FoundationPortland, OR
This position supports the foundation’s mission by managing assigned programs and processes in support of the office of Annual Giving, working with internal foundation staff, external OHSU partners and vendors to collaborate and achieve annual giving goals. Under the direction of the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving will create and maintain programs focused on strengthening the donor pipeline through acquisition, retention, upgrading and stewardship. The position is responsible for detailed processes and data-driven strategy.
- Administrative Unit: Advancement Services
- Reports To: Director of Annual Giving
What You’ll Be Doing:
50% – Program Management
- Manages, implements and refines Annual Giving Society programs.
- Manages and implements targeted communications and solicitations for lapsed donors to improve retention.
- Researches, develops and writes content for Annual Giving programs, mailings and projects.
- Works closely with Director of Annual Giving to manage, implement and refine grateful patient acquisition program and one-off development solicitation needs driven by OHSU priorities.
- Contributes to Annual Giving strategy and communication plans for assigned programs and projects.
15% – Project Management
- Creates and maintains systems to drive the planning, implementation and management of Annual Giving projects.
- Manages contact with assigned vendors.
- Manages AG calendar and deadlines and collaborates across organization for successful outcomes.
- Manages in-house department mailing projects.
15% – Collaboration
- Works closely with OHSU Foundation staff to develop and maximize strategies to build and strengthen the donor pipeline.
- Interfaces with OHSU and OHSUF partners, and other key stakeholders including donors, prospects, faculty and staff.
- Partners as needed with Communications team to produce scheduled direct mail / email solicitations and mini-campaigns.
- Partners as needed with Donor Engagement team to produce scheduled impact reports, stewardship pieces.
- Collaborates and helps drive implementation of Giving Days, including Employee Giving, OHSU Giving Day, Giving Tuesday
10% – Data Processes
- Creates and submits data business rules; requests lists and reports for AG-related projects.
- Requests and tracks campaigns and appeal codes for AG-related solicitations and communications.
- Creates packages, conditionals and gift arrays for appeals.
- Reviews and manipulates mail lists to ensure accuracy in data, segmentation and customization
- Creates dashboards for campaign, appeal and project analysis
10% – Customer Service and Administrative Responsibilities
- Serves as point of contact for Annual Giving customer service needs, including employee giving site, donor questions, declined credit cards, corp. matching gifts, gift research, appeal response requests, etc.
- Monitors and triages email responses / questions from foundation email boxes.
- Coordinates meetings as needed or requested.
- Tracks expenses for annual giving activities.
- Drafts and proofs correspondence, other annual-giving projects as necessary.
- Provides general support for manager as needed.
- Oversees other projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required (unless preferred is noted):
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work effectively with many different constituencies, especially donors, prospects, alumni, and other external partner
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills; story-telling or direct mail writing experience preferred
- Thorough with strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand and effectively manage complex issues related to medical education in a multi-tiered, academic medical institution
- Compassionate and culturally-responsive; maintains an ability to work well with diverse internal and external individuals, families and groups
- Ability to understand and analyze data to drive strategy
- Solutions driven with an ability to anticipate potential problems in advance
- Self-starting and oriented toward action and result
- Ability to organize time effectively, establish priorities and manage a large number of tasks simultaneously
- Possess sound judgment, strong work ethic, and a deep commitment to excellence
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; advanced skills in Excel preferred
- Strong technology skills and aptitude; experience with databases preferred
- Commitment to collaborative engagement with OHSUF staff and OHSU faculty
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, such as liberal arts, marketing or a scientific field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years of previous annual giving, membership or development-related experience preferred
- Knowledge of annual giving, direct mail, campaigns, major gifts, planned gifts and non-profit best practices preferred
- Experience in health care/education is a plus
- Evening hours will occasionally be required
- Travel, in town, will occasionally be required
- Travel, out of town, will occasionally be required
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.