Director of Annual Giving
Our Lady of Good Counsel High SchoolOlney, MD
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School, a private, Catholic, college-preparatory school in Olney, MD, seeks a talented, experienced, fundraising professional to serve as its Director of Annual Giving. Under the direction of the Chief Advancement Officer, the Director of Annual Giving is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating a comprehensive annual giving program to build a long-term base of support for the school from our various constituents including alumni, parents, friends, community partners, faculty, staff and graduating students. The Director will implement and evaluate a comprehensive, multi-year plan to increase strategic solicitation of financial support utilizing direct mail, phone, e-giving and personal solicitation.
- Manages a defined portfolio of annual giving leadership prospects and develops strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward each prospect/donor moving them through the donor pipeline towards major gifts.
- Works closely with leadership and volunteers to develop strategies aimed at increasing the number of Annual Fund leadership donors ($1,000 and above).
- Oversees and coordinates the wealth screening process for potential leadership prospects utilizing software, online resources, and institutional knowledge. Uses screening results to create major gift profiles of prospective donors.
- Tracks progress on prospect management using the donor database to create action items and successfully communicates contents of donor meetings and interactions.
- Recruits and manages a cadre of fundraising volunteers to assist in the identification and solicitation of donor prospects including parents, alumni, faculty, staff, grandparents, and friends.
- Oversees the Advancement Committee to inspire volunteer leadership, develop reports and agendas to highlight progress.
- Manages the annual telemarketing solicitation program including recruitment, training, and motivating callers; script development; tracking call outcomes; and analyzing call results to adjust strategies and ensure best results.
- Plans and coordinates the annual St. Francis Xavier (SFX) Leadership reception and dinner.
- Develops, inspires and manages a faculty and staff annual giving program.
- Coordinates with coaches, program directors and other faculty and staff to identify and cultivate donors for restricted gifts towards financial aid.
- Works with the Director of Alumni Engagement to develop and implement a solicitation program for graduating seniors.
- In conjunction with the Chief Marketing Officer, develops all collateral materials to brand, solicit and steward annual prospects and donors.
- Executes annual Day of Giving to increase donations and engage alumni and parent base.
- Assists the Advancement Manager and the Chief Marketing Officer with the production of the annual report.
- Develops and implements strategies to increase support from corporate matching gift programs.
- Researches and edits assigned articles for the Counselor magazine.
- Attends events as required to steward, solicit and engage prospects and donors.
- Bachelor’s degree plus three to five years of demonstrated, professional experience and increased responsibility as a fundraiser for a nonprofit organization, preferably a Catholic or independent school or in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience soliciting annual gifts of $5K and above.
- Excellent written communication skills including persuasive solicitation letters, fundraising proposals, feature writing, and reports.
- Strong oral communication skills with public speaking experience working with both internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and evaluate a comprehensive nationwide program for annual gifts, establishing goals and objectives that translate into annual operating plans and appropriate staff/volunteer assignments.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills with ability to maintain effectiveness in a busy office setting and willingness to function as a team player.
- Experience recruiting, managing, and motivating volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience with event coordination from budgeting to execution.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office products and database programs with working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Evelyn Nicholas at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.olgchs.org.
- Next s