Our Lady of Good Counsel High SchoolOlney, MD
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer the EventsManager designs, manages and produces Good Counsel’s fundraising and alumni events. These events enhance the Good Counsel brand, support and expand relationships, and raise philanthropic and sponsorship dollars. The Events Manager works closely with members of the AdvancementTeam and is a direct liaison with vendors, facilities, staff and volunteer committees whose combined efforts ensure the success of each event. The Events Manager prepares event briefings, manages regional travel and events, and manages the data integration process for the Advancement Team to include capturing event attendance and affiliations for alumni.
- Design, manage and implement Good Counsel’s stewardship and fundraising events for alumni, parents, and friends to include the Steve Dean Golf Tournament, Alumni Reunion Weekend, the SFX Dinner, the Grand Celebration, Grandparents Day, Cookies and Cocoa with Santa, Day of Giving, the Celebration of Scholarships, alumni legacy admission events, football donor cultivation events, and regional campaign and alumni events.
- Assist with the coordination of admissions and school-wide events to include Open House, convocation, and commencement as needed.
- Implement a strategy to evaluate events and include appropriate follow-up from each event.
- Provide leadership in the planning and execution of the school’s events, including identifying event dates, locations, participants, and formats.
- Create and oversee detailed timelines for each event, and develop briefings prior to each prospect visit or event to send to leadership, staff, and key volunteers.
- Coordinate invitation lists in collaboration with key faculty and staff members.
- Coordinate with volunteer planning committees on events, including the Grand Celebration Committee, the Advancement Committee, and the Campaign Steering Committee.
- Collaborate with the President, Principal, Chief AdvancementOfficer, Director of Alumni Engagement, and others to develop remarks, program content, and performances for events.
- Collaborate with the Chief Marketing Officer and marketing team on event communication schedules, to create save-the-dates, invitations, signage, programs, and any necessary social media posts working closely with designers and printers to execute collateral.
- Field and manage all invitation responses and attendance lists for seating and, if necessary, ticketing.
- Manage and track metrics for event attendance, stewardship/moves management initiatives.
- Coordinate menus, décor, equipment, and facility needs with caterer and vendors, on occasion in collaboration with volunteers and volunteer committees.
- Work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and chief Advancement Officer to create a consistent brand image and standard for entertaining at Good Counsel.
- Oversee expenses and guest lists of all events; maintain budgets in collaboration with the Advancement office.
- Communicate effectively with numerous in-house departments and staff members to facilities and request staff, equipment needs, delivery schedules, facility rentals, etc. for events.
- Communicate with high-level donors, board members, committee members, and other key volunteers with professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience as an event planner or similar experience in a professional setting with preference to prior experience in higher education or independent school
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to plan and oversee projects
- Skilled negotiator and problem solver, independent decision maker
- Experience producing creative events
- Initiative and the willingness to collaborate and cooperate with colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with accounting and budgeting
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Adobe Suite, and Blackbaud NXT knowledge a plus
- Frequent event work to include occasional nights and weekends, possible travel for regional alumni events
For best consideration send resume, cover letter and three professional references to Julie Potter, Chief Advancement Officer, [email protected] Best consideration is Friday, July 30, 2021.
About Our Lady of Good Counsel High School:
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School is a private, Catholic, college preparatory, coeducational high school in Olney, Maryland. It is located in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington. Operated under the sponsorship of the Xaverian Brothers, Our Lady of Good Counsel offers students in grades nine through twelve, a wide array of programs and activities that advance academic excellence, foster spiritual growth, and encourage leadership and service to others. With a student body of just over 1,200, the school prides itself as being a community that promotes an inclusive environment, embodying the Xaverian Brothers’ values of simplicity, humility, compassion, zeal, and trust. The school was founded in 1958 as an all-boys school in Wheaton, Maryland. In 1988, the school became coeducational. During the 2006-2007 school year, the school relocated to a new, sprawling 51-acre, high-tech campus in beautiful Olney, Maryland. For more information visit olgchs.org.
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School does not discriminate in its educational and employment policies on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit www.olgchs.org.