Director of Alumni Relations
Pembroke Hill SchoolKansas City, MO
The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for keeping alumni and alumni families informed, engaged, and committed to the school and its financial support. Reporting directly to the director of development, the director of alumni relations provides leadership and oversight for alumni programming including relationship building, program development, volunteer and event management, fundraising and actively involving alumni in the school community. Pembroke Hill is committed to a culturally competent education and culture.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Min. 3+ years of experience in development, preferably education, and/or relationship building field.
- Proven success at networking and relationship building
- Detail-oriented and able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent follow up and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task several projects at one time.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable and savvy with software programs, social media, and other technology
- Highest ethical and professional standards
- Occasional travel, evening, and weekend work required.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Establish and build relationships with alumni locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Develop a wide variety of ways to communicate with all alumni, including via social media and the school’s website.
- Work collaboratively with the Office of Communications to develop and publish the alumni magazine and other meaningful alumni publications.
- Plan, organize and implement alumni events at Pembroke Hill, in Kansas City, and throughout the country.
- Plan and coordinate Reunion Weekend activities and events.
- Function as the liaison between the PHS alumni executive committee and all of their activities and interaction with alumni and the school.
- Create and establish a class agent program.
- Manage the PHS archives.
- Work closely with the director of annual giving to generate ideas to increase charitable giving at the school amongst alumni, strengthen alumni relations, and solicit donors for charitable gifts and the Pembroke Hill Fund.
- Work closely with the director of annual giving on the implementation of a new, robust reunion giving program for reunion classes.
- Support the school and its leadership, which may include other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit www.applitrack.com.
- Next s