Major Gift Officer
Phillips AcademyAndover, MA
Phillips Academy seeks candidates for the role of Major Gifts Officer (MGO.) The MGO will manage a portfolio of alumni and parent leadership gift prospects ($100,000+). Reporting to the Director of Major Gifts, and working collaboratively and strategically with colleagues in the Office of Academy Resources, faculty, senior leadership of the Academy and volunteers, the MGO will secure resources essential to maintaining Andover’s place at the forefront of private secondary education.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of successful fundraising experience, in development or academic advancement fields.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major gifts is highly desired.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising databases and Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail; ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to being a member of the OAR team.
- This position is based in Andover, MA with regular travel required. Full background check required.
If interested, please complete an application as well as submit a resume and cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this position via http://www.andover.edu/employmentopportunities
Phillips Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Phillips Academy is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential community “committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school in which students from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences—including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and ability—learn and grow together.” The ideal candidate supports the inclusive and diverse nature of the community. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI and fingerprinting background checks as well as unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
To apply for this job please visit andover.csod.com.