Assistant Director of Development, Annual Giving
Portland State University FoundationPortland, OR
At the PSU Foundation, we believe in the power of higher education to transform lives. We are a mission-driven organization focused on advancing Portland State University through relationships, community connections and philanthropy. As part of our team, you’ll join a group of passionate, committed and engaged individuals working to empower students, faculty and the communities we serve. Join us.
The PSU Foundation is currently searching for a creative, thoughtful and detail-oriented Assistant Director of Development, Annual Giving to join our team of highly talented individuals who work together to advance the mission of higher education. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Development, Annual Giving works to support the identification of donors, increase donor loyalty and overall annual financial support for Portland State University through setting and achieving goals set by the PSU Foundation.
The Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing the PSU Days of Giving, conducting direct mail and email solicitation campaigns; coordinating donor cultivation and donor acknowledgment; managing scripts and data segmentation for any annual giving or stewardship calling; working with Engagement and Communications on all stewardship plans for key annual giving constituents; and working with internal constituents on improving fundraising and communication processes.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving, to implement annual giving goals and strategies.
- Oversee PSU Days of Giving, working across the University to partner and provide guidance and strategies for broad participation. This includes conducting partner trainings, building and sending emails, testing, tracking analytics and developing segmentation. Partner with engagement and communications team on digital strategy.
- Oversee annual giving appeals and ensure timeliness and accuracy of data for broad giving opportunities. Partner with engagement and communications team on digital strategy.
- Carefully monitor print and mailing deadlines to assure prompt implementation for all annual giving projects.
- Leverage new tools, processes, and best practices to increase engagement through email, social media, and other digital strategies.
- Partner with engagement and communications team on digital strategy.
- Proactively embrace and seek out new technologies to grow digital engagement.
- Coordinate annual giving stewardship programs, including the loyalty program, sustainer program, and new donor process throughout the fiscal year to ensure donors are engaged with PSU.
- Assist with annual and strategic development to ensure we achieve annual giving goals.
- Review best practices from peer institutions to assure strong annual giving performance metrics.
- Upholds PSU and PSUF brand standards.
- Minimum one year of relevant fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with two+ years transferable experience.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to grasp complex subjects; meet project deadlines; and build productive professional relationships.
- Strong knowledge of development principles and practices.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, with strong proficiency in Excel, and technical savvy with emerging digital resources.
- Proficient with donor databases. Blackbaud CRM competency is a plus.
- Reliable, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Three years of experience in managing complex programs and projects involving many participants with varying involvement and expertise across a large institution or multiple institutions.
- Experience writing direct mail and digital fundraising appeals; command of persuasive communication; and ability to communicate the value of investing in education.
- Demonstrated experience in writing proposals, appeals, communication materials and stewardship reports for donors.
- Direct fundraising experience.
- Experience hiring, training, and motivating student employees.
- Experience in higher education or non-profit environment.
Characteristics and Cultural Competencies:
- Possess the ability to manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously, while paying careful attention to details and meeting deadlines.
- Customer service-oriented and able to build productive professional relationships.
- A high degree of integrity and strong affinity for the mission of higher education.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
Other Essential Information:
- Department: Development, Central
- Work Days/Hours: Full-time
- Benefits Eligible. For a full list of our awesome offered benefits, please visit: https://www.psuf.org/careers
- Pay Grade Level: ($47,819 to $62,164 depending on experience)
- PSU Foundation an EEO employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.