Senior Regional Development Manager – West Coast
Pratham USASan Francisco, CA
Established in 1995 to provide education to children in Mumbai slums, Pratham (which means “first” in Sanskrit) is now one of the largest and most successful non-governmental education organizations in India. Working in collaboration with governments, communities, parents, teachers, and volunteers, we focus on innovative interventions to address gaps in the education system. The clarity of our mission—“every child in school and learning well”—drives our focus to make an impact on the lives of India’s children and extends from our leadership to our team in the field.
With operations in 21 of India’s 29 states, Pratham reaches millions of children and youth each year, from Kashmir to Tamil Nadu. Our methods have also spread beyond India’s borders through ASER (Annual Status of Education Report), India’s largest citizen-led assessment which has inspired parallel assessments of children’s learning in fourteen countries across the world.
Pratham USA is looking for an entrepreneurial senior development manager to support their volunteer chapters on the West Coast. To assist in designing, implementing and tracking fund development opportunities, specifically for mid-level gifts. The senior development manager could be based on the West Coast and will work closely with board members, volunteers and the West Regional Development Director.
Pratham USA seeks an entrepreneurial individual experienced in fundraising with an exceptional level of personal responsibility, who is adept at conveying our message persuasively to garner financial resources.
- Personally manage and cultivate a portfolio of donors with the aim to establish long-term relationships and upgrade them into the mid-level giving tier , as well as into the major gifts giving program.
- Collaborate with the Regional Development Director and communications team to design and implement stewardship and retention strategies for current and lapsed donors; ensure proper benefits administration and recognition.
- Manage chapter boards, including organizing quarterly chapter board meetings, soliciting board commitments and onboarding and offboarding board members in consultation with the Regional Director and Chapter Leadership.
- Strategize and help execute on local galas, salons, and other cultivation events in conjunction with national events team and board committees. Be responsible for fundraising activities at local events.
- Ensure appropriate and consistent donor-centric communications in all materials, such as solicitation, acknowledgement, stewardship, integrated on CRM and customer service. Participate in writing, editing and image sourcing.
- Represent Pratham for local giving opportunities, including corporate employee matching.
- Deliver on special projects and campaigns as needed.
- The role will involve regional travel with evenings and weekend work schedules based on need.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in non-profit development/fundraising required.
- Bachelors’ degree, with preference for a Master’s in a related area. Additional related academic courses or professional training preferred.
- Passionate about education and demonstrated empathy for international development.
- Superior interpersonal skills and relationship management experience.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills – including the ability to listen and target communications to specific interests and audiences.
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and Google applications required.
- Motivated self-starter who can think critically and solve challenges creatively.
- Ability to work effectively in a results-oriented team environment and meet established deadlines.
- Able to work with minimal supervision as well as part of a team.
Salary Range: $80,000 – $90,000
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.