Clerk III – Office of External Affairs
Quinsigamond Community CollegeWorcester, MA
Quinsigamond Community College (QCC), the largest community college in Central Massachusetts serving over 10,000 students in degree and certificate programs, adult education and workforce development. QCC is committed to 100% student success as evidenced by its ambitious strategic plan and furthered by a college-wide Equity Appraisal that is designed to assist the College to better serve students who have historically been underserved and underrepresented in higher education. QCC seeks a new Clerk III to provide support to the Office of External Affairs leadership team. The Office of External Affairs sets strategic direction for Grants Development, Alumni Relations, Community Engagement, Government Relations, Advancement, and the Quinsigamond Community College Foundation.
About Quinsigamond Community College:
Quinsigamond Community College (QCC), the largest community college in Central Massachusetts serving over 10,000 students in degree and certificate programs, adult education and workforce development. QCC is committed to 100% student success as evidenced by its ambitious strategic plan https://www.qcc.edu/office-institutional-research-and-planning and furthered by a college-wide Equity Appraisal that is designed to assist the College to better serve students who have historically been underserved and underrepresented in higher education. QCC seeks an experienced and creative Director of Development to lead all fundraising and alumni engagement efforts. The new Director of Development will serve as a key member of the Office of External Affairs leadership team that sets strategic direction for Grants Development, Alumni Relations, Community Engagement, Government Relations, Advancement, and the Quinsigamond Community College Foundation.
General Statement of Responsibilities:
Provides administrative and clerical support to the Office of External Affairs. The Clerk III interacts with the College’s Staff, the Foundation, and Community Partners, providing a variety of clerical support services associated with projects, reports, meetings, events, and operational functions.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Associate Vice President for External Affairs.
Supervision Exercised: Supervises Part-Time Employees, Temporary Employees, and/or College Work-Study Students as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Office of External Affairs staff with clerical supports needed for effective operation.
- Schedules appointments, arranges meetings, and types minutes of meetings.
- Formats and proofreads all correspondence and documents into proper letter or memo format.
- Provides support to the QCC Foundation and other committees and initiatives for the Office of External Affairs, including but not limited to drafting and assembling agendas, minutes, memoranda, and reports.
- Serves as a receptionist for the Office of External Affairs, appropriately assisting visitors, answering phone calls, responding to and/or forwarding inquiries to appropriate parties for action.
- Performs miscellaneous work such as maintaining files, operating office equipment, ordering supplies, and distributing mail/correspondence.
- Sends and retrieves correspondence such as letters, emails, and faxes. Photocopies forms and documents.
- Performs data entry and updates of alumni, donor, corporate, and foundation records, in the Office of External Affairs constituent relationship database, ensuring data integrity.
- Requests and submits purchase orders via the College’s system.
- Assists with organizing special projects as assigned.
- Serves on college-wide committees as appropriate.
- Actively supports the teaching and learning process; projects honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom, strives to create and support at student-oriented environment while fostering academic innovation and excellence.
- Works actively with other areas of the College to ensure a spirit of college-wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respects the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
- Embraces the ideas of diversity and inclusiveness and supporting the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences, including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
- Provides flexible, responsive, and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assessing processes and procedures and revising accordingly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- General clerical experience in an office setting or successful completion of a business or secretarial program beyond high school level.
- Customer service experience.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Ability to type accurately and attention to detail.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least three years of administrative/secretarial experience in an office setting.
- Demonstrated ability maintain effective professional relationships.
- Experience working independently and as part of a team.
- High-level oral, written, and interpersonal skills and ability to compose correspondence and reports.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced work environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with Blackbaud software.
- Fluent in two or more languages.
Salary/Hours: $712.97 per week. Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 37.5 hours/week. Full benefits package.
Visit our website at www.QCC.edu/human-resources for additional information about our college. All applicants MUST APPLY ONLINE by May 9, 2021. All internal applicants should be aware that their application for this vacancy constitutes permission for review of their personnel file. Please note: if you are selected as a finalist, you will be required to provide three (3) professional letters of recommendation. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI/SORI) request. Bilingual persons are encouraged to apply. Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity affirmative action college supporting diversity.
Diversity, inclusion and equity are core values at Quinsigamond Community College. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive, respectful and equitable environment for all students, staff, and faculty. Every member on our college campus enriches our diversity. We support inclusion and are dedicated to ensuring equity in access to opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.qcc.edu.