Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
Ransom Everglades SchoolCoconut Grove, FL
Ransom Everglades Schools seeks an Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement to increase alumni and volunteer engagement, diversify alumni programming with a focus on young alumni, strengthen the Class Agent system and increase Reunion Weekend attendance and giving. This position will report directly to the Director of Alumni Engagement and is a full-time, 12-month staff position. The ideal candidate will have experience recruiting and motivating volunteers and inspiring engagement from all ages.
- Develop and implement programming that encourages broader alumni engagement, new affinity groups, increase giving and reunion attendance
- Develop new and interesting opportunities and programming for young alumni and other age groups that will increase their overall engagement with RE
- Identify, recruit, train and manage Reunion volunteers (1, 5, 10, 15, 20 years out) with the goal of increasing Reunion Weekend attendance and giving
- Act as a planning liaison between the Advancement office and Reunion volunteers; develop, coordinate and communicate individual class plans and engagement strategies
- Lead acquisition and engagement strategies for RE’s online engagement and networking platforms
- Develop content for alumni social media channels throughout the year
- Solicit and compile class notes for the magazine (2x per year)
- With the Director of Annual Giving and the Director of Alumni Engagement, develop a solicitation plan that supports milestone reunion classes’ overall dollar and participation goals to encourage increased Leadership Giving, multi-year commitments and class participation to The Fund for RE
- Work with Special Events Coordinator to execute a successful Reunion Weekend
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned
Education, Background, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Two or more years of volunteer/alumni engagement experience or related fundraising, project management or donor relations experience
- Proficiency in Google products, Zoom, Microsoft Word and Excel, social media platforms, GiveCampus and Graduway platforms, Raiser’s Edge NXT and email marketing tools
- Work independently on projects, as well as collaboratively and cooperatively as a member of a professional team, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Possess outstanding interpersonal, writing and communications skills, characterized by the ability to listen skillfully and act with a strong customer-centered mindset
- Familiarity with independent schools and an understanding of the role of development work in support of independent school education are a plus
- Available to travel and also work nights and weekends for alumni events, Advancement, and all-school events and programs
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal car
Ransom Everglades School (RE) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which RE has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. RE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit ransomeverglades.myschoolapp.com.