Director of Individual Giving
Ransom Everglades SchoolCoconut Groves, FL
Ransom Everglades Schools seeks a Director of Individual Giving. This position will have a portfolio of approximately 100-150 donors and prospects and will provide the leadership, direction, and day-to-day management required to secure five- to six-figure gifts in support of the mission and strategic priorities of Ransom Everglades. Reporting to the Director of Advancement, the Director of Individual Giving will also oversee the prospect management system in partnership with Advancement Services.
- Identify, cultivate, steward, and solicit gifts from a portfolio of approximately 100-150 donors and prospects. Meet annual individual performance metrics for visits, solicitations, and commitments.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships and rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- Execute a strategic plan for increasing the revenue generated from donors in a portfolio with a concentration on five- to six-figure gifts.
- With the Director of Advancement Services, manage a prospect management system that maintains and records the gift pipeline, including the process by which new gift prospects are identified and assigned. Ensure that the gift pipeline is tracked against strategic needs and timing. Identify areas where additional activity may be needed to meet annual and long-term needs across the School and, in partnership with Advancement team members, create plans for addressing specific activity needs.
- Oversee the drafting and editing of proposals and reports for potential donors, working closely with members of the Advancement and Communications teams to ensure they are compelling, visionary program ideas that align with fundraising priorities.
- Work with the Director of Advancement Services to develop an effective plan of mass prospect research using vendor data screening, and oversee an individual research program.
- Effectively represent and articulate the work of Ransom Everglades, presenting a compelling case for support of the institution to donors and prospective donors.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Education, Background, and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Five or more years of progressive fundraising experience with demonstrated success as a front-line fundraiser securing five- to six-figure gifts
- Proficiency in Google products, Microsoft Word and Excel, Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Work independently on projects, as well as collaboratively and cooperatively as a member of a professional team, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Possess outstanding interpersonal, writing and communications skills, characterized by the ability to listen skillfully and act with a strong customer-centered mindset
- Possess good judgement, tact, diplomacy, and empathy
- Familiarity with independent schools and an understanding of the role of development work in support of independent school education are a plus
- Available to travel locally, nationally and internationally, and also work nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal car
To Apply, submit: Interested candidates should visit the RE website www.ransomeverglades.org and complete this application for employment. Please send the completed application, a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Ransom Everglades School (RE) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RE complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which RE has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. RE expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit ransomeverglades.myschoolapp.com.