Campaign Project Coordinator
Rhode Island School of DesignProvidence, RI
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) seeks a Campaign Planning Coordinator to join its Institutional Advancement department. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly organized, logistical, and proactive thinker to steer the coordination and facilitation of all project initiatives within the Campaign Planning + Strategy team in support of IA’s priority to engage RISD’s alumni, parents, students, and donors in meaningful ways and encouraging their financial support of the college and its mission.
With the overarching goal to increase diversity and access, we seek applications from culturally sensitive and equity-minded candidates with the ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of divisional and institutional colleagues to ensure efficient operations and workflow across campus partners. The successful candidate is a strong communicator, orally and written, who can think analytically and multitask in a changing, dead-line driven environment. The Campaign Project Coordinator has a strong understanding of project coordination that informs their management of tools and software to document, track, and monitor projects, activities, and other processes for IA. Under the Executive Director of Campaign Planning and Strategy, this role will provide logistical execution for events; steward communication initiatives across multiple channels; generate and analyze important, informational materials to help assess the department’s activities and determine goals; and offer exceptional administrative support to the department in areas related to budget, new hire onboarding, meeting coordination, and intranet maintenance.
The Campaign Project Coordinator will join an ambitious and dynamic team of developers, engagers, and communicators as they work to ensure that any person or organization touched by RISD becomes an advocate and donor.
- Provides operational coordination for intra- and inter-departmental projects and initiatives utilizing project management tools and software, including:
- documenting, tracking and monitoring identified project scope, deadlines, assignments and goals. Proactively alert Executive Director to progress, potential needs and obstacles and make suggestions as appropriate;
- monitoring and tracking project plans for signature events such as RISD Weekend, Commencement + Reunion Weekend and ensure overall operational logistical elements within the division are working together from concept to execution;
- facilitating the coordination of timely customized acknowledgement letters between Donor Relations and Advancement Services; and
- completing and modifying, as appropriate, project intake processes and workflows for project and data management based on input obtained from Advancement Services.
- In partnership with departmental colleagues, develops a project plan and executes communications initiatives and promotions for departmental websites, social media channels, email campaigns and other communications channels.
- Generates analytics, dashboards, presentations and reports for Institutional Advancement, social media, web and email channels, following best practices. Uses infographics and other data visualization techniques to highlight goals and key performance indicators.
- Proactively provides administrative and organizational support to the Executive Director and the department, which includes:
- coordinating and scheduling candidate interviews and supporting the Executive Director with new hire onboarding;
- managing and tracking purchases and expenses under the Campaign Planning + Strategy budget;
- collecting, organizing and disseminating divisional activity in weekly internal communications email; and
- maintaining the division’s intranet content, consistently adding new and updated content in collaboration with colleagues across the division.
- Assists with donor stewardship mailings as needed, including but not limited to collecting student thank you letters, preparing donor reports and financial statements.
- Ability to interact with key donors/prospects/volunteers in a professional manner and to articulate appreciation of art and design. Desire to learn, grow and be mentored in the advancement field. Proficient computer skills in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, articulate and persuasive manner.
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse staff, faculty, and other constituencies.
- Database/CRM, online communication and intranet end-user experience required.
- Google Analytics and Data Studio experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are critical, including an ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of divisional and institutional colleagues, within an environment that values diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and work in a dynamic and time-sensitive environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a fast-paced team environment.
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum three years of either administrative support and or project coordination experience required; experience in the higher education or nonprofit sector preferred. Exceptional logistical, project coordination and organizational skills.
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week; 12 months/year
The successful candidate will be required to meet our pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.