Rhode Island School of DesignProvidence, RI
If you have an appreciation for art & design and an interest to learn, grow and gain exposure to the wide range of development functions, join our team in this unique opportunity in Rhode Island School of Design’s Institutional Engagement Department (IE).
The Data Coordinator, Advancement Services is a key member of a dynamic and collaborative team. With a detailed understanding of advancement best practices for data collection and management, this role performs a wide variety of detailed and data-oriented tasks including but not limited to entering, updating, maintaining and auditing data in IE’s CRM system, Raiser’s Edge.The Data Coordinator imports and exports data using third-party software tools. Additionally, this position runs standard queries and reports to test and validate data accuracy, completeness, and compliance and shares information as appropriate.
- Enter gift and biographical data into IE database system (Raiser’s Edge) through third-party software data imports and manual entry. Data types include gift, pledge, education, employment, professional and volunteer affiliations, relationships, prospect management, and participation in a variety of events and art and design activities.
- Anticipates and responds positively to high-volume calendar-year- and fiscal-year-end demands around data entry, gift receipting, acknowledgment processing, and list requirements. Fulfill prompt recording of gifts and responses to donors and enable timely reporting of fundraising achievement to IE leadership for dissemination to the President and Board of Trustees.
- Leverage system tools, features and templates to prepare daily gift receipts, acknowledgment letters, and other communication materials using automated workflow processes in Raisers Edge.For customized communications to major donors, duties include generating and editing documents and templates, tracking of signatories, scanning, attaching files in the database and mailing of gift acknowledgments.
- Responsible for reviewing all data received and for verifying its accuracy, completeness, and compliance (spelling, configuration, sources, amounts, etc.) to advance the work of Institutional Engagement in supporting RISD’s strategic priorities.
- Inform departments and end-users of necessary processes, source information requirements and deadlines.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues necessary to maintain data integrity
- Monitor data shared from other RISD Offices (Registrar’s office) and ensure communications reach intended and targeted audiences.
- Retrieve, evaluate, and reconcile datasets in Raiser’s Edge from various data sources pertaining to constituencies, including, but not limited to, prospects, donors, event registrants, alumni, parents, students and faculty
- Fulfill list and export requests and manipulate data as assigned using query, export, and functional tools in Raiser’s Edge, MS Word merges and MS Excel.
- Organize and maintain records in Institutional Engagement’s document management system for alumni, families and organizations affiliated with RISD, following departmental procedures for documentation.
- Assist in various IE system projects and initiative updates and or changes by completing data testing reporting and auditing.
- Identify issues and efficiencies with IE system operations and processes and engage the correct parties to identify and implement appropriate solution(s).
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experiences.
- Proven ability to accurately enter, import, audit and maintain data in a database system, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong attention to detail; commitment to seeking correct spelling, naming conventions, address formats and best practices through internet searches, best practices of industry leaders such as the Association of Advancement Services Professionals and CASE, with special attention to data of international constituents.
- Ability to learn and implement/observe best practices in the collection, entry, retention and dissemination of data, as well as federal and state law regarding protection of data.
- Technical competency with Google suite, MS Excel, and, with training, CRM, database and import/export software applications
- The ability to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow-through, and manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to interact professionally with campus colleagues at all levels as well as alumni, parents and friends around gift and biographical data entry.
- Ability to evaluate problems with data and recommend corrective policies/processes
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
- Values creativity, diversity and inclusion and demonstrates positive professional interactions with members of the IE team and broader RISD community.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its learning community and integral to an art and design education. We welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.
- Next s